What's new

If you could only own one DE safety razor....

:a14::a14::a14:
It's pretty neat when you find out that other folks come up with the same answers as you, and for the same, or similar reasons!! I love all my Gillettes (I guess I have about 25 or 30), and while the Slim would probably be my #2 choice, there's no topping the '46/47 Aristocrat!

Amen! :thumbsup:

ONLY ONE!!! WHY???

As long as I could keep my SEs, I suppose I could manage with just one.
And the winner is....

..... the Eclipse Red Ring, very smooth and very efficient. But I'd really miss the others, especially the Single Ring and the Souplex Double Six Minor.

I cannot believe no one posted this already. My favorite all time DE is the Mergress XL. By far, the most comfortable and closest shaving razor I've ever used. Very Highly recommended.

proxy.php

From a shaving standpoint it would have to be my Timeless .95 dual plate razor.

For sentimental reasons for sure it would be my Fatty!

...which would it be?

....and why?

Don't give a 2nd and 3rd choice. I'm interested in what the more experienced members of the community would choose.

I'm far too early in my wet shaving journey to possibly make any decision.

I think limiting the answer to just one is eliminating toss ups that are very worthy. A very oft mentioned second might actually be the best.

I'll say Merkur Futur in a Satin finish. I prefer long handles, heft, and adjustability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feather AS-D2... I like the Weber better but the AS-D2 is so mild and efficient that if I could only have one razor it has to be the Feather.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
My G1 Fat boy. It has the weight and aesthetics of a Bull Dog or 34C HD, The durability of a stainless steel razor and the adjustability to make it suitable for any amount of beard growth. The apex of Gillete's safety razor designs.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

My Gillette New long comb. Incredibly smooth shave with it every time. It's certainly not my most beautiful razor (it's old and losing plating) but it's probably the best I have used. It's efficient without being harsh.

I don't see how anyone could possibly use just one razor! the very idea of limiting oneself like that is beyond me.
If I am forced to use only one razor I would pick The Four Piece English Flat Bottom Tech but I would not be happy as I am now with 10 razors awaiting their turn in the daily shave routine.
travelrazor2.jpg

Top Bottom