What's new

If you could only own one DE safety razor....

...which would it be?

....and why?

Don't give a 2nd and 3rd choice. I'm interested in what the more experienced members of the community would choose.

I'm far too early in my wet shaving journey to possibly make any decision.

34c HD. It ticks all the boxes for shaving well, having a solid feel and good weight, priced just right and is easily obtained.

Is it my favorite razor? Nope. But it's close!

User grade Double Ring Gillette, the OLD type is the best shaving razor for me, and the Double Ring is the king of the OLD types.

Like many I've started with the 34C and decided it would be the only razor I use for the first 1-2 months with Astra SP blades. I'll try out the other razors in due course. Interesting that you chose the 34C.

Feather AS-D2... I like the Weber better but the AS-D2 is so mild and efficient that if I could only have one razor it has to be the Feather.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Wolfman WR1. Best shaver I have. It leaves me with the least irritation (basically zero), is the most forgiving, yet very efficient and gets along with just about any blade and shaving soap. I'd pick it just because it's so versatile and works the best for my face and facial hair.

If I absolutely positively could only have one, it would be my Gillette NEW Deluxe Big Boy. My favorite so far.
IMG_0731.JPG

My slim adjustable. It is as 9 different razors in one. If I missed shaving a couple of days I just dial in a more aggressive blade gap.and when doing my Daily shaves I use a milder setting.

Skickat från min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk

Muhle R41. I own fifteen razors, modern and vintage incl. Merkur Futur and 39 slant, Muhle R89, Fatip open comb, Gillette Tech, slim adjustable, slim twist, .... but always return to R41. It gives me irritation free BBS in only two passes regardless the blade I use. Why ? Not sure, probably I learned how to use it properly: angle & pressure (lack of it). I used it almost every day in the last one year and a half.

Every face is different, but in the spirit of the question and for the respect of an honest inquiry, I'll play:

The Merkur Progress. It's adjustable, user friendly, I like the looks of it, and it give my whiskers a close and comfortable shave on a setting of 3.5.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1906 Single Ring, gives me the closest smoothest Shave's of any razor I own. If I ever come across a Double Ring my choice might change.

My Tech Fat Handle, never a razor gave me so many smooth shaves. With a Derby or Lord SS gives me a DFS with no effort. With a Feather or a Rapira a sure BBS. And it's a razor I love to look on my bathroom shelf everyday.
proxy.php

Enviado desde mi 5010G mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: NPK
Top Bottom