What's new

If you absolutely had to pick a cartridge, which one would it be?

Harry's because they stuck it to the man! But I have a beard and need some detail, this is where all big bulky cartridges suck. Give Harry's credit for adding a detail blade on the top back of cartridge, but that was after my run with them.

I'd go back to Harry's.
They started my interest in "a better shave". I thought they were genius in concept and kept talking to friends about what they had done. Most people seemed to think I was off with this fascination. As time has gone by I realize that shaving really is a thing again, and you know, all the more power to those that appreciate the simple and finer things. Let alone not following the norm, Harry's did question things along with dollar a shave club. Of course they did so only to get a piece of the profit while pretending to be heroes, but that's marketing.

I would probably say Harry's. I love the shave of the Proglide but I'm getting 7-10 shaves per cart with Harry's for $1.50 per vs. 8-12 out of the Proglide for $5.00 per and the results of the shaves are nearly identical.
$1.50 is way too high. I got a pile of Atra compatible Dorco's for 6 cents each from Nationwide Campus. That sale is over, but you can still find Atra compatibles for 12 cents each on Ebay. Now, that's a decent price for 5 uses or so.
I like the novelty of the Gillette Guard and pay 30 cents per cart from Indian stores on Ebay, even though the Atras, DE's, etc. all do a decent job. I never have to pay above 30 cents per cart or blade if I look around on the net. And 1 or 2 blades are enough for me--same result.

Harry's because they stuck it to the man! But I have a beard and need some detail, this is where all big bulky cartridges suck. Give Harry's credit for adding a detail blade on the top back of cartridge, but that was after my run with them.
Gillette fusion had it first when it came out Harry's 5 blade is the same razor its based on the fusion thought other then the blades are german

Gillette fusion had it first when it came out Harry's 5 blade is the same razor its based on the fusion thought other then the blades are german
Yes, a couple others added that feature before Harry's. Just liked the premise better, and the handles are very nice too. Of course they have also changed that design now so the handles I have are a bit of a collectable I suppose.

I'll go along with @TobyC because he sounds like a wild and crazy guy.

8KZGg66.gif

Top Bottom