What's new

If you absolutely had to pick a cartridge, which one would it be?

I would probably say Harry's. I love the shave of the Proglide but I'm getting 7-10 shaves per cart with Harry's for $1.50 per vs. 8-12 out of the Proglide for $5.00 per and the results of the shaves are nearly identical.

I would probably say Harry's. I love the shave of the Proglide but I'm getting 7-10 shaves per cart with Harry's for $1.50 per vs. 8-12 out of the Proglide for $5.00 per and the results of the shaves are nearly identical.
$1.50 per cartridge is still expensive. Most Trac / Atra compatible carts are way below 50 cents each, and also give me 7 fine shaves.

Sometimes when I go travelling I'll just use a bic disposable cheapie. Once you get the DE down then it becomes much easier to use a disposable without getting irritation. Not as fun a shave, but works fine for a few days while travelling.

My preferred would be one that's no longer made, the Wilkenson Bonded Blade. It was real good. Then maybe a Trac II or Good News. Although the Schick ST2 isn't too bad.

i would go with a schick hydro since you do not need any cream or soap just wet it and go. i got a sample one and liked it those will be my travel razors

i would go with a schick hydro since you do not need any cream or soap just wet it and go. i got a sample one and liked it those will be my travel razors
+1
I don't like cartridges, but sometimes I get called in at odd hours, or am shaving in the field. I'm not bringing my ivory scaled JMP imperial to sleep in the dirt with me. I've found the Schick Hydro to be the least evil of the group.

TracII or single-blade Bic Sensitive, tried a generic Mach3-style throwaway because it was nearby and I was out of blades for my good razor, and I absolutely needed to shave at the time, let's just say that experience sucked.

Two-blade Schick throwaways would be good too.

Schick Quattro Titanium is the only one that doesn't irritate my skin but it doesn't shave very close at all vs. a DE or straight

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom