What's new

If you absolutely had to pick a cartridge, which one would it be?

As the title suggests....
I would use the Schick Quattro titanium, or at least that was the one that worked well for me before.

This is no holds barred.... TRACII, off brands.... Whatever
What would you use?

I've got no shame--I'll say it...

I always had good experiences with the Fusion. I was selected to be a tester for a market research firm before it came out and loved it--bought it as soon as it hit the shelves.

It's probably been a year since I've cartridge-shaven, and I just started with DE/SE, so it's difficult for me to draw comparisons, but I look forward to trying a cartridge out again in the future and comparing the results.

There are few things as satisfying and pleasant to me as a good traditional wetshave, though, so I'm a convert for good!

I've never used one as they're not sold in the US, but the Gillette Guard. It's a single blade cartridge!

Gillette Sensor.

Correction: When Gillette makes them at 8 cents per cartridge, lasting more than four shaves, then we might talk...

Honestly, if that ever happens I have no idea what I would do with the stash of DE blades I have squirrelled away.:blush:

Last edited:
I would go back to the fusion. For me it was a quick easy shave and i could get a month or two out of a blade, shaving every 2-3 days. Although after moving to DE shaving, i might settle for a trac or sensor.

Wilkinson II or T70

I am happy with the vintage Wilkinson Profile carts as well.

I'm not interested in any of the modern cartridges.

Nah ... I think the Sensor was the first of the bad cartridges already (or maybe the Atra was the first bad one)

The Sensor does not have a fixed head, and even doesn't have fixed blades ... that sounds like "no feedback"

I've never used a cart before, but if I did, I'd probably try the Trac II. I've got some handles for it already, and they seem reasonably cheap.

I've never used a cart before, but if I did, I'd probably try the Trac II. I've got some handles for it already, and they seem reasonably cheap.

I have used the Trac II (and the Wilkinson variant) routinely, and they give me a good shave. In fact, the shave of my Feather Popular plastic DE reminds me of a Trac razor.

Nah ... I think the Sensor was the first of the bad cartridges already (or maybe the Atra was the first bad one)

The Sensor does not have a fixed head, and even doesn't have fixed blades ... that sounds like "no feedback"
You're not really looking for a DE-style experience from a cartridge though, are you?

The point about the 2 blade Sensor is that for all its faults, for many (me included) it was very easy & fast to get a decent shave with very few of the issues the later carts had, like maneuverability, razor burn, a legion of in-growns.
The 3 blades & the awful crap that followed are why sites like this one have prospered. If the 2-blade Sensor was still in worldwide production, although P&G's profits would be much smaller than they are now, I bet the membership here would also be much smaller...

Top Bottom