What's new

How Often Do You Shave?

Due to work and keeping a "professional appearance", I have to shave Monday to Friday. Weekends I try to skip it when possible and let my skin rest. But if I have something special going on like a family gathering, wedding, funeral, etc. I'll shave with my straight razor on Saturdays and Sundays. If I had my way, I'd only shave every second day though, at least, because it feels better to shave after a couple days of growth. Not as much irritation and the skin feels smoother.

Retired, so basically I shave only when I want. However I am not a big lover of stubble so shaving is usually a M-W-F schedule for me. Weekends off and can't wait to get rid of the whiskers on Monday morning!

I usually shave the face daily. Head is every other day or so unless I'm at a client site, then I shave daily.

The only change to that is if I get a lot of irritation on my neck, then I take a day or two off.

Daily unless it would require me getting up earlier to complete the chore. Depending on what's up, for those days i may shave the night before.
dave

I do a thee pass shave at least once every day. On days when my morning shave wasn’t completely up to snuff I will do a one pass shave later in the day.

Daily. I work 12 hours with shirt/tie dress code, and hate having stubble on my neck snag the shirt collar. I was looking for a closer shave that didn't eat up my neck, and DE does that for me. Now I only get neck irritation if I start chasing the those phantom whiskers! DFS is good enough on my trouble spot. Carts gave close shaves, but after 8 hours, I'd notice my collar catching. To be fair, I never did more than one multi-stroke WTG pass when shaving back then. Just kept swiping away. I think I did ATG once decades ago with a cart and had weepers galore, the raw hamburger look!

Same situation here. Have to wear a collar shirt and tie. It becomes uncomfortable if I have hair on my neck. So pretty much every day for me.

I think this would largely correlate to "how fast does your beard grow?".

I shave twice a day. Morning so I look presentable for work (and don't have my shirt catching on my neck), and evening so I don't get kicked out of bed for having an abrasive face (it's been likened to sandpaper or nettles).

But I have stupendously fast beard growth and thick stubble. Even shaving twice per day, quite closely, there's a lot to shave off each time.

On the flip-side, my brother claims he only shaves once or twice per week, but he generally looks more clean-shaven than I do.

Every other day, but I have been experimenting with every day. I noticed that blade brands that shaved poorly, perform better.

Night shaver, every second evening. I travel a fair amount for work, and sometimes go 36 hrs on weekends if I have Monday morning meetings.

Top Bottom