What's new

How many safety razors in your regular rotation?

For me just two:

My King C Gillette is the primary shaving razor
My Van der Hagen is my buffing and getting into areas the KCG doesn't due well in.
Glad to see a kindred shaving spirit. I used the same two razors (KCG and Weishi Long Handle that is the same as the Van der Hagen with a slightly longer handle) for the first four years after returning to DE shaving. I've typically switched between them using more of the more aggressive Weishi. Note that I've found that the KCG can do as well as my Weishi with some adjustment to technique in those more challenging areas including "riding the cap". See the post on my recent KCG shave, linked below, where I discuss this.

Link to KCG shave post # 66,187:
What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-use-today-rate-the-shave-1-10-10-best.568241/page-3310#post-12550860

P.S. I just added a third razor to my rotation this past November. A Razorock Adjust (rebranded Baili) that uses the same adjustment mechanism used on classic Gillette razors like the Slim and Super Adjustable (Black Beauty). It's a nice mild to medium razor that provides a range of aggressiveness in between the mild KCG and more aggressive Weishi/Van der Hagen for under $15.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have 11 razors that worked their way into my Top Razor list, with two more on the way.... one will arrive next week.... the other in a few months... So I'll end up with 5 AC razors and 6 DE razors...

I do have two barber razors I'm just now beginning to learn to use. One of them I just got... I bought the other one in May of 2022... I'm going to be using it soon, after I get comfortable with the new barber razor. It's a new way of shaving for me and I feel like I'm starting below zero..... one shave so far, but I'm having fun.

I have quite a few razors but have put most of them aside. I use my Rockwell 6s the most. Second, Tatara Masamune and third place goes to my Feather AS-D2. Once in a while I’ll use one of my an old Gillettes.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Whittled down to 2 (+2).

The main ones are a Vector and a Hawk V3 (both SE)

The '+2' are my DE razors that I'll use every couple of weeks, a Merkur Progress and a GC .84.

If I HAD to pick only two to keep: Vector and GC.

Whittled down to 2 (+2).

The main ones are a Vector and a Hawk V3 (both SE)

The '+2' are my DE razors that I'll use every couple of weeks, a Merkur Progress and a GC .84.

If I HAD to pick only two to keep: Vector and GC.
I'm on my second Vector, this one an OC, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I think the lightness of the razor and the way all of the weight is at the handle end throws me off. All of my other razors are much heavier with heavy heads. I look at the Hawk all the time and may try it out if I give up on the Vector. Or maybe I'll just add one to the rotation. The Vector sure is pretty though, and I'd like to master it.

I would say I have three regulars:

- My grandfather's Gilletre Tech (which is what got me started on all this)
- a Qshave clone of the Merkur Futur
- a King C Gillette (thanks to @Bsamps )

I'd like to replace that Qshave one day. I think my first choice is the Parker Variant, but I do like the feel of the Futur.

Occasionally, I'll use a Fatip Piccolo (courtesy of @T Bone ), but I'm still learning its nuances.

Hi,

One, really. A Fasan Double Slant.

Works better than anything else I ever tried. So much so, I have a backup.

And I do have other razors I rarely use.

These get used during OCtober. When we do Open Comb October. I then rotate thru as shown day by day for the month.

These are the razors I inherited. The Old Type is the same razor in both pics.

Stan

I only have one safety razor and it’s a 1971 Super Speed that belonged to my dad. With having a beard, I only do head shaves and have settled on using cartridge razors a majority of the time.

I have well over 130 razors, I'm always hopping around with different razors with my YouTube content but these are ones right now of March 2024. All but one of these I use for both head face shaves
20240310_104243.jpg

1. 1958 D3 Gillette executive
2. 1961 G3 Gillette aristocrat
3. 1973 Gillette Tech made in England
4. Leaf Thorn, this has replaced a cheap disposal as my trimming razor for my head shaves. It is great for solo head shaves and face shaves. Also the versatility with the blade choice is awesome.
5. Gem Junior lather catcher, this one I generally go for my lather catcher shaves. I have others that I like more but they're valuable and don't want to use them all the time. This one's replacing my other one which is the same model. I have not done a head shave with this yet.
6. Lastly I have a Gillette atra, I use this for quick head shaves mostly, it gives me a good enough face shave but if I did have to fly or travel I'd take this with me with Square of persona twin pivot Plus blades.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I'm on my second Vector, this one an OC, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I think the lightness of the razor and the way all of the weight is at the handle end throws me off. All of my other razors are much heavier with heavy heads. I look at the Hawk all the time and may try it out if I give up on the Vector. Or maybe I'll just add one to the rotation. The Vector sure is pretty though, and I'd like to master it.
In my case it was an easy transition, I didn't end up having to put much thought into angles, or how to hold it. Hopefully you're able to find what works for you!

I have too many razors but I usually have…
1 of 3 AC SE razors with a blade in it
1 of 2 super speeds
blades in all my injectors but only one in use
1 of 2 Gem
1 of 2 de slants
maybe a modern ikon or henson
lately my Tech for Tuesday

Top Bottom