What's new

How many safety razors in your regular rotation?

This is an interesting thread. Thanks for raising it from the dead.

I have sold off and gifted away most of my razors and only have a handful remaining.

Karve Chris Bradley with a B and C plate
Game changer with the .68 and .84 plate
Lupo with a .72 plate on the way
Schick L injector
Tom White “?” handmade razor

This is a far cry from when I had 70+ DEs, SEs, injectors and straight razors in my rotation.
Oops! I forgot all about my VDH razor that startme off on this journey a decade ago. It’s my travel razor.

One for regular rotation. A RazoRock Mamba 53.

If I want to mix it up, I will use a FB for a couple shaves then it's back to the Mamba.

It's been that way for a few years now. Before that, I would use a Tech or FB or Slim and stick with it for months. Swapping daily leads to bad shaves if you don't what your doing

I have 4 razors:
  • EJ 89L
  • RR BBS Standard
  • Merkur 34c
  • RR GC-84P
I can’t locate the first two on my list since we moved in December of 2022. I’m hoping that they just are not unpacked and we will find them in a box one day.

The Merkur was my daily driver. I started with the Game Changer three days ago and if everything goes as it looks now, it will be my only razor that I use. I will probably retire the Merkur to a travel only spot.

Just two: a birth year and quarter Gillette Black Handle SuperSpeed and a Schick Krona. I had been using the SuperSpeed for a long time but am back using the Krona.

I still have my very first DE razor - Maggard MR1 - but it just sits in the cabinet.

I have 7 razors in my rotation

Use them all about equally. When I notice the blades need to be replaced. I do that all at 1 time and repeat.

I also have a few others that are back up’s. Couple that are the same as in my rotation. Just in case I loose them or they break eventually.

I have 15 razors. One - the Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji - is currently semi-retired on a shelf because it frustrated me one too many times.
The rest are in a regular rotation. I tend to go with a vintage Gillette, then a modern DE, then one of my three SE razors. It adds a variety to the morning shave that I really enjoy.

Top Bottom