What's new

How many safety razors in your regular rotation?

I have 15, but I only use my Merkur 38C, 34C, 42C, Gillette 52A paper clip Rocket, late 40’s Superspeed, ‘60 Flair Tip Superspeed, ‘62 Slim adjustable, and one of my 3 Techs. So, I use 8 out of 15.

Some of them I just have not had the chance to try, and others are just not favorites.

I bought a ‘57 Flair Tip at the flea market today. I will try it out this week. I also need to try out a Bakelite Tech and a Schick injector adjustable that I got last week.

I just got into wet shaving about 3 1/2ish months ago, and went on a bit of a spending spree… my plan, going forward is to just buy clean or better razors at garage sale/estate sale/flea market prices from here on in. It comes down to that the ones I paid $3-5 for are almost as nice as the ones that I paid more for. There are millions of vintage razors in the world, and I know that I can find more than I could ever need or want without trying too hard…

I do not know about wet shaving to even have a quintessential white whale yet.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I'm on my second Vector, this one an OC, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I think the lightness of the razor and the way all of the weight is at the handle end throws me off. All of my other razors are much heavier with heavy heads. I look at the Hawk all the time and may try it out if I give up on the Vector. Or maybe I'll just add one to the rotation. The Vector sure is pretty though, and I'd like to master it.
I have a Vector SS/SB. I really enjoy it.

Top Bottom