What's new

How many razors do you own?

Four. Merkur 34 HD, Muhle R89, Merkur 39 slant, Hoffritz slant. I shave with all of them. I am considering buying a Muhle R41.

I only own two and it's going on 6 months or so. My primary razor is a EJ Chatsworth, the other is a feather Kamisora AC-SS which I use primarily for touchups and tough spots.

5 in rotation so far. Merkur 39C, '65 Gillette Tech, '34 Gillette New LC, Gillette Old and Gem Feather SE. Another Tech is in the mail. I don't have the stones to try the two straights yet (pun intended and applicable).

Three.
Merkur 34C, Gillette 1967 M1 black handle w/ silver flare tip, Gillette 1977 X3 TTO (Birth Razor)
Bought the last 2 this weekend so i own, just not received.

Last edited:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396925335.303226.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396925342.751301.jpg ;)

Three.
in order of acquisition:
Merkur 23c
EJ DE 89 L
Mergress Long

Forgot the fourth as I still haven't tried it : feather TTO ( had it for over year but just can't get excited about it somehow?)

Last edited:
Something I put together for myself to make life easier. With enough future polish maybe I'll put it out "there".

9 already, how did that happen? It all started with a razor that I got from Stirling Soap Co., then I jumped on the bandwagon and have been buying like crazy. Vintage / new, all sorts of soaps and brushes. WOW, it hit's you fast and hard.

Last edited:
I have a Merkur 38c that's my main, a Merkur 180 23c long handle that was my first. A 1930s Gillette New Short Comb just in from the bay and a late 40s Gillette Tech in the way. So far I mainly use the 38c, but the Gillettes will be in rotation once I get used to their nuances.

Top Bottom