What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

That is a key distinction. My statement was misleading. They do not deny their membership or their existence, hence, not a secret society. I stand corrected. Well said.

The membership was not a secret, but I think they were a secret society in that much of their material was. Initially, Masonic books were to be returned to the society upon death of the member. Of course that would never work in the long run. These days, their beliefs (and maybe their rituals) seem to be freely available from various sources.

Bro. Dan, Senior Warden
Mustang #407
Mustang, OK

32 degree Scottish Rite and Shriner

I think we're pretty easy to fine. We have logo's stuck all over our trucks and cars. We have hats, polo shirts, vests, rings, tie tacks, cuff links, more hats, and all other kinds of stuff that makes us easy to spot. There are probably a few brothers in your extended family and we like to talk alot about community fund raisers, helping kids with hearing and speech problems, and providing disabled children with free medical care in the finest hospital network in the world.

If your curious about us just ask, we love to make friends. If you want to "Be One just Ask One".

Tonight I was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason! What a journey.

Congratulations!

Be warned, it can lead to a new sickness.... Masonic Acquisition Disorder. In the five years I've been a Master Mason, I've been finding all kinds of trinkets in antique shops. Cuff links, tie bars and pins, various books pertaining to lodges and degree work, etc.

If you're looking for a ring, check the local pawn shops. They do turn up from time to time and are priced pretty decently since it's a very small market segment that would be interested in them. Let the shop owner know to give you a call if one comes up, most of the time they get scrapped for the gems and precious metals since they don't sell that well.

Congratulations!

Be warned, it can lead to a new sickness.... Masonic Acquisition Disorder. In the five years I've been a Master Mason, I've been finding all kinds of trinkets in antique shops. Cuff links, tie bars and pins, various books pertaining to lodges and degree work, etc.
Oh, I know. I've already ordered my state license plate with a Masonic logo. And I've been looking for other stuff on eBay as well. I bought a cheap ring from Amazon. Just a cheap one to get me started, like $15 shipped from China. Still looking for just the right one.

3rd generation Master Mason - Lodge #189 Corpus Christi, Tx. My grandfather has been a member of the same lodge for 55 years.

Greetings Brethren, not sure how I missed this thread for so long.

Initiated (2007), Passed (2007) and Raised (2008) in Lodge #244 SDML.

Currently an unattached Brother.

Last edited:
Resigned from Masonry 16 years ago after 10 years -- disillusioned. Stayed in Rotary where I have been happy since 1983. Past District Governor in Rotary hence my monica -- rotarygov

Top Bottom