What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

Figured Id revive this thread, I remember reading about this a few years back, Got my 3rd coming up in a few weeks. Excited, its been a great journey already, and am anxiously anticipating the 3rd!

Catawba Lodge AF&AM #248,

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Former Past Commander, past Thrice Illustrious Master, and past High Priest. Only a JW in the blue lodge. I have found myself a bit atheistic lately, so I wouldn't fit anymore. That being said, I said vows that I took pretty seriously at the time, so if I saw the sign of a brother in need I would live up to that obligation.

Past Grand Sword Bearer: Grand Lodge of Nova Scotia
Past Master: Loge la France No. 138, Nova Scotia
Keith Lodge No. 17: Nova Scotia
Loge Lorraine No. 14: Grand Lodge of Quebec
SRIA
AASR

... and I'm under 40, which makes me one of the youngest Past Grand Lodge officers in my jurisdiction.

To be one, ask one. All you need to do is head down to the lodge you want to join and ask to petition. Once you turn in the petition it's a waiting game, but it's well worth it.

Being a Freemason sounds interesting, sadly due to my religious views I cannot join.
Cheers for posting KJ, was interesting having a look around that site.

Being a Freemason sounds interesting, sadly due to my religious views I cannot join.
Cheers for posting KJ, was interesting having a look around that site.

Glad you enjoyed the site, the next time you are in town if you have a minute have a look round here.

The building is used both internally and externally as a stand-in for Thames House (the home of MI5) in the TV series Spooks and in the TV series Spy and has also featured extensively in the long-running series of TV films Agatha Christie's Poirot; the building makes frequent one-off appearances in episodes of other television series, such as its extensive use in Hustle, series 5, episode 2. Both its exterior and interior were used in an episode of New Tricks, and the interior has been used for the film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005) where Freemasons' Hall becomes the temple in which the "Jatravartid" people pray for "the coming of the Great White Handkerchief". It has also been used in many other feature films, including Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London (2004), The Line of Beauty (TV), The Wings of the Dove (1997) and Johnny English (2003). The building has also featured as a backdrop in music videos, including extensive use (internally and externally) in the music video for the Westlife single Mandy.
Recently it was featured as a filming location in the 2009 film Sherlock Holmes.[9]

$image.jpg

A hidden gem in the centre of London.

Address: 60 Great Queen St, London WC2B 5AZ

Well worth a look.

Cheers.

As I said earlier (and to which someone replied with a link) I've wondered how to join the masons. Now that I know, I guess all I have to do is find a mason and express my desire to become one. I probably know some but don't know that I know...know what I mean?

I've been inactive since the late 80's. I was with King Solomon Lodge 1427 in Temple, Texas and later took a dimit from Michigan Lodge 50 in Jackson, Michigan.

I love it when people tell me that a man can never leave the masons, because if he does, he will be murdered. :001_rolle

As I said earlier (and to which someone replied with a link) I've wondered how to join the masons. Now that I know, I guess all I have to do is find a mason and express my desire to become one. I probably know some but don't know that I know...know what I mean?

True, but it doesn't need to be somebody you know personally. Just contact the secretary of your nearest lodge, their contact info will be on the website. They will arrange to meet you, answer any questions you have, and provide you with a petition if you ask for one.

2B1ASK1

Top Bottom