What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

Golden Grove #323, Union MS, Past Master, currently secretary, 32nd degree Scottish Rite, KSA, York Rites Knight Templar.

Here are pics from initiation:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Can I ask one question? I'm not really familiar with the Free Masons society. In what way do you benefit from being a member?

Can I ask one question? I'm not really familiar with the Free Masons society. In what way do you benefit from being a member?

Short answer is to assist you to become a better man than you were before becoming a Mason. Long answer is the process of becoming that better man.

The Freemasons have always been a mystery to me. I really don't know anything about them, what is the organization about, what does the organization do?

I believe it is a secret society to some extent. The Masons I know don't talk about it very much.

It's not a secret society. Secret societies hide or deny their existance. Freemasons are out in the open and proudly display their affiliation in public. More correctly, Freemasonry is a society with secrets. But they are no different from the secrets that any other fraternity, group, club, or even families keep.

I believe it is a secret society to some extent. The Masons I know don't talk about it very much.

Certainly there are facets of Freemasonry that are secret but they have nothing to do with the maxims and philosophies that can be found within the fraternity. As far as what Freemasons do. It is much like any other endeavor, you get out what you put in. If you are looking for a group of like-minded men to share some time with, you can find it in a lodge. If you want to delve into the history of Freemasonry, you can find it in a lodge. Want to participate in philanthropy? Enjoy rituals? Talk about philosophy? Share a lenth of tobacco? Help someone? Help yourself? Meet some really great men and their families? That and more can be found in a lodge. But like I mentioned earlier, you get out what you put in.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, ask. You can ask online or you can walk into a local lodge. Most of the brethren do not bite.

It's not a secret society. Secret societies hide or deny their existance. Freemasons are out in the open and proudly display their affiliation in public. More correctly, Freemasonry is a society with secrets. But they are no different from the secrets that any other fraternity, group, club, or even families keep.

That is a key distinction. My statement was misleading. They do not deny their membership or their existence, hence, not a secret society. I stand corrected. Well said.

Top Bottom