What's new

How many days without a soap purchase?

I'm at 30. Aiming for 100. Probably have enough for 500. The GRUMEs are great but soap is really the only shave supply that I'm determined to stop buying. The 3017 threads are great also but I don't even have a donut in any of my soaps and I'm not committed to any one soap for daily use to finish it. I just want to stop buying more. So, if you're in a similar resolve post your milestones.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Ok my last soap purchase was the beginning of May, but this year I have so far used 6 soaps and purchased 3. I am trying not to purchase any more this year and my goal is to have less than 20 soaps by the end of the year (I am on 22).
I came to the realisation last year that I could not try to use every soap out there so I should concentrate on just those soaps I really enjoy. I am also downsizing my whole den before it gets out of control and that means being more choosy about whatever I do buy.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I bought another Stirling soap about 3 weeks ago and am eyeing something else now. Really trying to hold off and 3017 something before next purchase. I’m weak. With the hard soaps I rotate through it’s going to be a long time to kill something off.

Last Autumn I think. And frankly I don't think I've killed anything since then either.
That's the issue for me. It's not that I can't afford more soap, but I want to be killing them off at the same time. I can't remember the last time I finished anything other than a sample. If I can hold to 100 days, and I shave daily with more lather than I need, then we'll see how many donut holes I have with hopes for the kill.

Top Bottom