What's new

How many days without a soap purchase?

I was doing so well, a few months at least....then Stirling has their sale a couple weeks back, and had Iced Coffee as one of the soaps listed. (I love their Iced Coffee, nice menthol kick, fantastic smell). Had to order two containers of it, the aftershave, and several bars of the bath soap in that scent.

To keep the wife happy, ordered her some Lilac Soap, also on clearance, and as usually, they tossed in a free sample bar of Island Man.

Before a week and a half ago, I hadn't bought any shaving soap for at least 2-3 years. I finally broke down and bought a tub of Chiseled Face Midnight Stag, along with the matching after shave. I'd used this soap about 6 years ago when I got the CS sample pack, and the Stag was one of the most distinct scents, but I held off, and used some of their other scents.

It was well worth the wait!!!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
3 months today. I've bought 3 this year and used 6 so I'm down to 22 hopefully I can use 2 or 3 by the end of the year and get myself to 20 or below.
I guess I really should have started this post "My name is Mike and it has been 3 months since my last soap purchase."
Honestly I'd like to get down to single digits of just top tier soaps but I even find myself hoarding them despite the fact that the last much longer than run of the mill soaps. I bought an MdC this year and even though I know it'll last a year of ordinary use I still want another one.
If we set up Shavers Anonymous what would the twelve steps be?

I've still got the soap fever.
3 days from Speick Active to ordering CC 45th Parallel and a new tub of Boat Drinks.
Looks like i need to work the steps too

Before a week and a half ago, I hadn't bought any shaving soap for at least 2-3 years. I finally broke down and bought a tub of Chiseled Face Midnight Stag, along with the matching after shave. I'd used this soap about 6 years ago when I got the CS sample pack, and the Stag was one of the most distinct scents, but I held off, and used some of their other scents.

It was well worth the wait!!!
To add to this, over the past 2-3 years, I've been absent on this forum, or visiting very rarely, due to my wife and I building a new house, and other things, not to mention that I had realized the extent of my acquisition disorders (razors/brushes/anything with "Old Spice" on it), as we were packing up to move, so I pretty much stopped adding to my collection. Yesterday, I just found out that Williams Mug Soap was discontinued earlier this year, and now I'm kicking myself for not stocking up on it. I've got a few modern pucks, and about 15 vintage pucks, but I was pretty much set on using Williams and Arko as my main shaving soaps. Lesson learned - now I'll be stocking up on Arko sticks...

Less than a couple weeks (after a few years of buying nothing) as I decided to replace my old Arko stick mushed into a bowl with their soap puck. Much better way to go if you're not going to use the stick as intended.

Less than a couple weeks (after a few years of buying nothing) as I decided to replace my old Arko stick mushed into a bowl with their soap puck. Much better way to go if you're not going to use the stick as intended.
I mush mine down into an Old Spice mug when I get down near the end of a stick.

Almost since the beginning. I joined the site March 6 of this year. I started with the 2.5 oz. sampler pack of Colonel Konk's and a tin of Lather & Wood Bay Rum. The "problem" I have is with balms. I do plan on finishing the soaps I have before I buy another. I might have to just buy 1 stick of Arko, just to tell all my friends. :)

I face lather, so the stick should work out nicely.

0 also :)

Ethos and Seaforth inbound :)
The fact that the Canadian reseller of Ethos has zero in stock is probably the only thing holding of a purchase for me. Really like the one I have, Green Chill, and would like to try the blood orange and the humidor.

Top Bottom