What's new

How long would your stock last?

I have about 250 DE blades, and a few straights, so if need be I'm good forever with just the straights. As for soft goods, I would say I have about 3-4 years atleast with what I have.

1 year of blades, 3 years of soaps and creams, and a year of aftershave. After the huge order I just placed on bullgoose though I could probably double all of those numbers

I think I have enough to last a year and a half. So I am going to try and use up the rest of my stock before I make any more purchases.

I've been in the same mode for a while.
The last thing I bought for shaving was the 15-pack of Arko. Didn't need it, but at $20 shipped it was too good of a deal to pass up.
Last purchase before that was either the two sticks of SIM I got from a member, or the bottle of Veg.

Most of my spending shifted around February from shaving supplies to pipes and 'baccy/accessories.
Got a 15-pipe stand on the way. I have a 6-place stand, but I now own 8 pipes plus two cobs and a kit (the cobs "live" in my glove box for days I forget to grab a Pete in the morning). Once that gets here, I'll be in good shape on that hobby for quite a while with at least 6 months of 'baccy available.

if you stop buying anything right now, how long do you think you could last with out restocking up on anything soap,blades,aftershave/blam, ext. for me i would say around 6 months be for i had to buy blades, on anything else i would say around a year and a half on soap and after shave

Well, for blades I have 1200ish Astra SP which is my daily blade, so going by my average of 2 blades per week I have enough to last roughly 11-12 years and that's not counting the 500 or so random blade brands I have laying around. As for software I probably have enough for 7-10 years, I'd say 60% of that is Arko. :001_tongu

I shave daily:
- Soap: about 5-7 years (MWF would make up about 4 years of the total)
- Blades: about 15 years
- Aftershave: about 2-3 years
- Razors and Brushes: hopefully will last a lifetime.

Probably around 20 years+ of blades, the same for soaps and creams and regarding aftershaves my guess is 10 years worth of supply. And still I have a wishlist....

4 years for blades
5 years for creams/soaps (if the creams don't go off)
4 years for ASBs
About 6 months of Witch hazel
I have no idea how long an Alum block lasts but it doesn't seem to shrink!

I only have blades for six months and soaps for a year. I think aftershave is also about a year, but am unsure.

Currently I am trying to use a few products from beginning to end and tracking my progress on The Graveyard! thread. Before joining B&B I never tracked how long products lasted, but just bought supplies at the grocery, drug or discount stores as I needed them.

Late last year I went on a minor shaving soap binge, which in hind sight I have to say wasn't full blown SSAD. After that I signed up for the 2012 Shaving Products Purchase Sabbatical. My plan for after I survive or abandon The Sabbatical is to buy about two years worth of good soaps and aftershaves and then another two years of great soaps and aftershaves. The goal is to never have less than a 2-3 year supply on hand.

blades 4 years..but i think i am chucking out blades when i think i must rather than when I think its getting dull..so that 4 years might actually be 8..
soaps at least two years...but my tabac keeps growing so maybe longer than that..
as i think 6 months..but i am ok with that.

Top Bottom