What's new

How long would your stock last?

3-6 months. Been trying to work through all the stuff I got when I first started shaving. I will be relieved when I finally work through everything. Things got really out of control at the beginning.

I have about 3 months of cream left, maybe 3 months of soaps, trying to work through my blade stash which should last about 6+ months if all of the blades are decent. I probably have 2+ years of aftershave balms and splashes.

So my cream / soaps are my limiting factors.

So a slight tangent....blades are what concern me most for long term. I'd like to buy up, but I'm concerned about corrosion. What do you folks think about long term storage for blades? My goto blades are feathers, and they do come in the plastic case with clear plastic wrappers on each one. I currently just store them in a box with a handful of dessicant packs. If I buy a huge stock though, I'm thinking about vacuum sealing them. Helpful? Necessary?

Probably unnecessary but it can't hurt.

I have about 3 years worth of blades. I am not sure how long my soaps will last though. A good guess would be 2 to 3 years. I am still experimenting with after shaves, so I have a couple different Bay Rum after shaves coming my way, but I have enough to last at least a year or two right now.

I'm set on blades to last me through this decade. I'd give myself a couple of years for creams and soaps, and maybe a couple of years for aftershave. I'm not too worried about creams/soaps/AS as they'll be available after any Shavepocalypse. I'm more worried about blades if that happens.

Interesting thread. The thread title got me to thinking...why not find out?? :biggrin1: You know...declare a moratorium on buying anything until you are down to the last blade, the last bit of soap for the last shave, etc. Granted, there's SO much out there I want to try but I'm stocked for who knows how long, but I'd be game to try if others are in. :001_tongu

Blades - 8 years
Creams - 8 years
Soaps - 8 years
After Shaves - 8 years
a good balance, by the looks of it, but don't ask me next week as the number may have gone up by then :001_rolle

Three years of blades, but enough soaps and creams for 10 years, I think. I won't be purchasing any more software until current stock runs out.

I have enough blades from the super sampler that could probably last the rest of the year+ a month or two depending on how many shaves i can get from the brands i have yet to try. Soap enough for a year or so. Aftershave, about a year as well. the pre shave oil is what i think i would run out of first prob only 3 months left

edited because i cant spell

Top Bottom