What's new

How long will YOUR blade stash last?

My interests come and go so to stock up for future use is foolhardy. Down to two blades left and reinforcements have arrived, 50 blades, i should good for years to come.
dave

I own about 1300 blades, and use a maximum of 10 pieces per year. I am 62 years old and think its will be enough for me. At the moment I only need 6 blades a year !

Have a nice day !

I have enough to slightly or vastly outlast me. Or if I tire of a particular type or types, possibly only enough to last 5 years or so.

Not trying to be smart with that answer, but I've had great results with blades, only to have them turn on me after a couple years. Then a while after that we make up again. At one point I went 10 or 11 years without buying any blades. I'm at about 2 years again now. But I've currently got supplies of about 10 brands to choose from.

Last edited:
Longer than my lifetime if I actually get proper use out of them and don't throw them away for the sake of throwing them away. If I used DE's exclusively, they'd outlast me. But I also have straights, so no way I'm ever going through my DE supply.

I use Voskhod blades thrice then toss them. Shaving every other day I have roughly a 4 year, 4 month supply on hand. I bought 3 100-packs when Amazon was running them for a crazy low price and all they all cost me a total of $20! I think that’s what they charge for 4 carts these days. Never got the smooth close shaves from the carts and they cost an arm and a leg, good riddance!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One of these years I'll try my Voskhod blade in my stash. I'm afraid I'll like it, lol, and I'll then have three blades to "need."

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I love your avatar, Jason. Looks like a nice place and time for contemplating everything and nothing! I love fire pits.
Thanks! I mostly contemplate how many beers I’ve had

8D23A999-6CBB-4343-896F-587B6F0EB72B.jpeg

I lost all of my blades in an unfortunate accident recently but have been restocking. I’ve got over 300 of several brands again. And have 100 Gillette Yellows on the way to me. So that will be good for about 18 years.....

About 500 blades across 5 brands. One shave, occasionally two, per week leaves me with about a 9.5 year supply. I normally buy another 100 when my stash of a given blade hits 50. At this point I've decided to not reorder Polsilver or Astra SP once they're gone. I'll continue to maintain 50-150 Gillette blades in Nacet, Rubie, and Platinum.

About 350 blades. Most blades last at least 1 week, some about 2 weeks.
So I've enough for at least 7 years.

I have about 120 blades, so at a blade per 5 days thats a bit more than a year and a half. I live in the UK and a lot of people have started to stockpile a few imported items in case of supply problems after Brexit. Maybe I’ll buy another couple of hundred. I prefer Derby blades so the cost is minimal.

I have around 2,000 blades, am 56 years old, and use around 40 blades per year. So my stash should last until I'm ... 106.

Top Bottom