What's new

What is your goal blade stash?

I buy impulsively. Blades are cheap enough to where frequent splurges aren't a factor financially for me. I have already amassed more that I can use.

I don't have a specific brand or model I am trying to stockpile. I get along with most any blade whether lower-end or not. I do confess enjoying getting a bargain. Maybe that is why I like reading the threads about Lords and Treets and Chinese brands.
Indeed, the cost of 100 blades of most any brand is about as much as an appetizer at a restaurant. That being said, I probably don't logistically need to buy anymore at this time.

I use a straight razor 95% of my shaves. So, I have too many blades.
200 Astra
500 Wizamet
1100 Perma-sharp
200 Nacet
100 Gillette yellow

600+ Proline SE blades

I will probably start selling or giving them away.
I was not expecting to get that into straight razors.
So, the endgame might be to just keep the Perma-sharp and the Proline blades.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
My current supply:

200-250 Lab Blue
200-250 Russian Astra SP
100 Feather AC Pro
100 Personna GEM

Shaving 6 days/wk, factoring in expected shaves/blade and razor rotation, this should last me 10-11 years.

I buy impulsively. Blades are cheap enough to where frequent splurges aren't a factor financially for me. I have already amassed more that I can use.

I don't have a specific brand or model I am trying to stockpile. I get along with most any blade whether lower-end or not. I do confess enjoying getting a bargain. Maybe that is why I like reading the threads about Lords and Treets and Chinese brands.

Indeed, the cost of 100 blades of most any brand is about as much as an appetizer at a restaurant. That being said, I probably don't logistically need to buy anymore at this time.

I agree. Blades are cheap enough to just buy some. I do agree the prices of some blades have increased a lot lately, however, even the most expensive 100 pack really isn't much more than a few fancy coffees.

I am only a couple months in, but I have stocked up on a few tucks of the Russian blades that are beginning to be unavailable.

I have enjoyed trying out all of the different blades. Once I have a better understanding of what works for me, I will probably buy my favorites in bulk.

I left work early one day and went to the Razor Company and bought about 20 tucks of different blades. I did prioritize blades that were becoming less available.

I would like to go back to that store, but I am usually working when they are open.

the cost of 100 blades of most any brand is about as much as an appetizer at a restaurant

Blades are cheap enough to just buy some. I do agree the prices of some blades have increased a lot lately, however, even the most expensive 100 pack really isn't much more than a few fancy coffees.

The blades are fine but, me thinks that you are going heavy on appetizers and fancy coffees.

My last big purchase was 100 Feathers, 100 Derby Premiums, and 400 Astra SPs. This was a few years ago. I still have most of these razors as I use less than 90 a year, typically 4-5 shaves per blade. I prefer to have a few years’ worth on hand, they are cheap and don’t take up much space, and I learned long time ago that things change and if I really like something I may want to stock up on it just in case.

I use a straight razor 95% of my shaves. So, I have too many blades.
200 Astra
500 Wizamet
1100 Perma-sharp
200 Nacet
100 Gillette yellow

600+ Proline SE blades

I will probably start selling or giving them away.
I was not expecting to get that into straight razors.
So, the endgame might be to just keep the Perma-sharp and the Proline blades.
Do let us know if you start selling. I'd buy 100 of those Wizamet blades right now 🤑

I think I’ll stock up to 1000 of my favorite blades… that’s about the cost of a single dinner out with the family and should insulate me from any changes in the market. Right now I’m just over halfway in. If the Indian Astras are as good as the old Russian ones I’ll get another 400 and call it a day.

I read my initial post here and I realized that these last two months I bought 160 BIC blades, 150 Astra SP and 100 Suneko (including the blades I had before).

I have also 60 Gillete Blades, 40 Astra SS and about 100 blades from 6-7 producers.

Considering the shaves I get from a blade, if I buy around 300 more blades, I would not need to buy anymore.

Is this the end? :) :)
I recounted my blades. I found that including the ones bought today I have about 200 Bic blades. Today I shaved with my Bic chrome and I was glad that it worked really nice with my Karve overlander for me.

My rational goal stash should be 300 more blades if each of all the blades that I have now will work around 2 weeks. For sure I will buy more Bic and Feather blades.

Last edited:
I have an excel file (I have an excel file for everything) that calculates how many 100-packs I would need until the age of 80. At 1 blade a week shaving 3 to 4 times, I need 16-17 100-packs. I currently have 10, plus a bunch of loose tucks from sample packs. I mostly stocked up on my favorite Russian blades. I will hold off on purchasing any more 100-packs until I find new favorites from my samples, or find super duper deals that don't end up being half-blades.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A lifetime supply changes as you get older. I'm now 70. I shave every other day or so.. Usually, at least twice a week. I only use a DE blade once.... so that math is... 3 shaves a week, minimum... 52 weeks a year... 156 blades a year. give or take. Say I make it to 85 and can still hold a razor and shave myself... 2,340 DE blades.... not factoring in how many AC shaves I'll have....I have the 2,340 covered in Spades.

For years, I had settled on Astra SP as my blade of choice with my Mekur 33C. I tried and fell in love with a Henson razor, which came with ... 100 Astra SPs! So that's all I used for a long time. Recently I decided to branch out and try some more blades, in case there was anything better. My goal was to find THE BEST blade for me and my Henson, and load up on those. What I have found so far, is that there's more than one blade that works extremely well with my Henson. I've already bought 50 each of Gillette Nacet and Gillette Silver Blue, both of which I absolutely love, since availability of Russian made blades is drying up. I also plan on buying at least 50-100 Bic Chrome Platinums, and maybe 50-100 of one other yet to be determined blade. That will last me for years, so I'll have to see what's out there again when the time comes.

IMG_0145.JPG

I laughed at the April Fool's post about mailing blades.
Another 100 ready use and 600 that don't fit. Enough to last 'til I'm wearing a diaper drooling in a corner.
If it looks like I'll pull a George Burns, I'll stretch a few to 1 blade a week.

I got 6000 stacked up

600 Perma-Sharps
700 Silver Blue
600 Gillette Platinums
400 7 O’Clocks Orange and Green
300 Vokshods
500 USA Personnas
500 Feathers
250 Super Irridiums Wizzys
400 Astras

And another 1500-2000 sharks, lords, treets, Dorcos and 95 of the Bruce Li Clouds!!!!

I also have enough tallow soap to last me until 2065 when I’m dead

I have a prepper mindset so I’ve prepaid all of my hobby’s and needs for all sorts of stuff. I got dozens of GMK Keycaps for keyboards I don’t own yet.

Take life seriously, don’t depend on Amazon or any vendor or the USPS being able to always deliver a box across 1000 miles for $8

Last edited:
View attachment 1823199
I laughed at the April Fool's post about mailing blades.
Another 100 ready use and 600 that don't fit. Enough to last 'til I'm wearing a diaper drooling in a corner.
If it looks like I'll pull a George Burns, I'll stretch a few to 1 blade a week.
Nice! You should get an old cigarette vending machine to store these, that would be cool!

Top Bottom