What's new

What is your goal blade stash?

I have never been a "hoarder" by nature.

But I have tended to purchase blades that I like in 100 packs, and sometimes two or more when the price is right, so they do add up a little.

A certain geopolitical situation has--of late--given me increasing concern that the supply of old favorites may/will dry up. So I have a strategic stockpile (not as immense as some people here) but enough for roughly 20-25 years if used exclusively.

And I'm actively seeking quality alternatives to Russian-made blades.

I think I've just found one (as of yesterday) that I love. Time to go put that one to the second-ever test.

Bill (who is behind schedule today)

I just did a quick inventory and it turns out that I have almost 9000 blades. 😱 And that doesn’t include GEM or SE blades of which I have a few hundred.

So let’s just say that I have far exceeded any remotely reasonable blade stash target any normal person should have.

If I use an average of 150 blades a year, I have enough blades to last me until I am at least 114. So I have that going for me… which is nice. 👍
OK now. Far exceeded, you say. Let's get a clear line here. What is the normal person's limit? :lol:

Lol, I could shave until I'm 480 years old with the blades I have, maybe more. Not worried about using up my favorite PPI blades since I use about 4 of any of them in a year.

My goal now is to find someone to leave them all too! My brother does raid the stash occasionally though, he only gets a week or two out of a blade and not 3 or 4 months.

I like to keep around 200 of each in the house:
200 Feathers
200 Bic C. P.
200 Personna B.
Now I also supply my dad and bother. So once I get below a 100 of any, I order another 100. They raid me about 4 times a year. When they leave, the have to get by security and accounting, my wife...
It is all good..
We all help out each other I some fashion.
It is a family thing...
Cheers,
BFX..

I just gave away 75 blades and I still have over 500 left.
I favor Russian blades and have "hoarded" a few of them due to the current political climate.
But I also like Derbys (Turkey), Sharks and Lord Platinums (Egypt), Treets (Pakistan) and several others.

I don't plan on buying any more for awhile ...

... which probably means about another 12 hours. 😆

I favor Russian blades and have "hoarded" a few of them due to the current political climate.
But I also like Derbys (Turkey), Sharks and Lord Platinums (Egypt), Treets (Pakistan) and several others.

Is that 12 regular hours or 12 shave hours? Don't forget that day savings is just around the crazy USA corner..

I've never stockpiled blades in my wet shaving journey, even with Polsilver and Super Iridium were known to be disappearing.

The way things are going with production, cost and most important quality, I'm starting to take notice. I picked up some Tallow Tabac and Tallow MWF a few months ago. I now have 500 Gillette Silver Blue on hand and another 500 on order.

1000 blades is easy enough to store, no worries about going bad and only take up the space of a box of Ritz crackers.

Last edited:
I bought the bulk of mine when I was expecting to get around 20 shaves on a blade. Big mistake, I'm still working on my original samples seven years into the double edge razor experience.

I also remember the shavpocalypse in the 80s though, where all the good blades vanished and I had to quit using my injectors. No blades. I'm prepared this time, lol.

OK now. Far exceeded, you say. Let's get a clear line here. What is the normal person's limit? :lol:
Good question and it also begs the question… are many of us really normal here? 🤪

I stocked up on Polsilvers, Israeli Personnas and a few other discontinued or hard to find blades. Also, I tend to buy 100 packs when I want to try a new blade as it is so cheap and easy (usually $10/100 shipped or less for most blades).

I will give away or sell what I do t need but stocking up on thousands of DE blades is not the most costly hobby out there!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
A few years back I purchased 400 PolSilvers for $63 because I liked them and they were cheaper than ordering 100 at a time. About a year after than I read my first PolSilvers will be no more thread and ordered 400 more at the same price. It took a lot longer than I expected, but they are actually gone now, so it turned out to be a brilliant move on my part. :eek2:

I have 250 Wizamets and 100 of a few others I like. They're pretty small and easy to store. I don't have a plan. I suspect my curiosity will keep me in enough blades to not have to worry about ever running out.

Here is my Goal razor blades.
1699152140342.png

A goal stash?

I am still in the process of figuring out what I like. I also have primarily used DE and just recently started AC, and have two GEM razors…Oh and one fh-10 razor.

So that’s four blade types. I’ve yet to delve into injectors…and I have one SR which I haven’t touched yet.

Ideally I’d want about 500+ of each when I dial in and hope they’re easily replaceable when the time comes…or if there’s a sale that’s too good…Well, I’m stocking up then.

I need to try to get in on more of these PIFs 😅. There’s too much variety. Feathers and Lord (blue or green) have been my favorite so far.

I read my initial post here and I realized that these last two months I bought 160 BIC blades, 150 Astra SP and 100 Suneko (including the blades I had before).

I have also 60 Gillete Blades, 40 Astra SS and about 100 blades from 6-7 producers.

Considering the shaves I get from a blade, if I buy around 300 more blades, I would not need to buy anymore.

Is this the end? :) :)

I buy impulsively. Blades are cheap enough to where frequent splurges aren't a factor financially for me. I have already amassed more that I can use.

I don't have a specific brand or model I am trying to stockpile. I get along with most any blade whether lower-end or not. I do confess enjoying getting a bargain. Maybe that is why I like reading the threads about Lords and Treets and Chinese brands.

Top Bottom