What's new

How long will YOUR blade stash last?

I'm up to an average of 54 shaves per blade (and this will go up), so my collection of 2000 plus blades is going to last me 300 years (and more).

Anyone else have an estimate for how long their current stash of blades will last them?

Needless to say, I probably don't need to buy any more.....

Considering I get 10 shaves out of a blade (max 14 - 18 shaves depending on the blade type ) and having mix of blades (so I haven't tired the majority of them) I think I have a 2 year minimum of shaves with my blades.

I need to find my preferred De razor and then I will get more blades.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I have about 150 blades, and I am an excalibur .

Therefore I have blades for the rest of my life.

I actually keep a spreadsheet for my blade stash.

I have 632 blades of various brands that work well in my 2 razor rotation. I get 7 shaves from each blade so that works out to 12 years or so. I do shave every day.

I have 212 blades that are OK, but not top notch performers for me anyway. I can get 7 shaves each though by really taking my time. In a pinch I have 4 more years of shaves with that lot.

Grand total: 16 years of daily shaves.

I'll be in my mid 80's before I need to buy any more blades......if I remember that I shave....and if "they" haven't taken away my razors.

I've got about 250 brand new blades.
I only use them once, but only use a few a year since I use straights.
They should outlast me.

12-20 years at my current rate of consumption. Will I be able to shave myself past that? Will I trust someone else to shave me with a DE?

Checked my blade stash and i've seven blades in open tucks i can count, two partially used plastic tucks of 10, Feather's & Persona Blues, i can't count & finally two unopened tucks of five blades... daily shaver so some time in 2019 i'd need to start thinking about getting another tuck or two.

dave

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've just been reflecting on this here... The Wanderer's full array of shaving kit.

I think I've got just under 500 blades in the tin, and get 10+ shaves from each blade. (Maximum I've had is 34, and the rolling average is 16). So worst case scenario is 5000 shaves, but it may be up to 8000.

I'm in my mid 40s, and if I clock up another 40 years, and shave every day, that's just under 15,000 shaves left. This would mean that one day in the future, I might need more blades.

However...

I also have a straight razor, plus three regrindable (hollow ground wedge blade) systems. Depending on how much I use these instead of DE or shavette, depends on how many disposable blades I'll go through per year.

So, the earliest that I might need more blades would be in 13 years and 8 months, or I might never need any at all ... But then again, I keep passing a few blades on to other folks...

So in short, I haven't got a clue :D

I’m just getting started in the BAP (blade accumulation phase)of DE shaving, so I’ve only 120 or thereabouts. At around 5 shaves per, that’s 600 shaves, or 1.6 years. I probably ought to order more; don’t want to run short.

I just purchased another 100 blade purchase today so I will be up to roughly 350-360 blades. I probably average 8-10 shaves per blade. That should last me quite a number of years. I am known to PIF blades though, so there is no telling how long exactly.

Well, I'll be 58 in a few months and just used the same Derby Extra Stainless for the whole month of June (17 shaves for me). I've got over 1500 blades so........ twelve blades a year.......at least another one hundred and twenty-five years.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have about 1000 blades. Maybe more. = ~3000 shaves in blade capacity

Average 3 shaves per blade. = ~200 shaves a year

Average 3 to 4 shaves per week.

So... ~ 15 years

Top Bottom