What's new

How long will YOUR blade stash last?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am 53 and I think that I have enough to last me the rest of my life. Will it stop me buying more NO!

Probably about a decade given my current shaving habits, which is about 3 to 5x uses per blade, shaving 7/365. Honestly I could easily stretch the average blade to a week but since I'm rotating razors around fairly often I like to start with a new blade each time to accurately assess the razor.

I am 53 and I think that I have enough to last me the rest of my life. Will it stop me buying more NO!
+1. What is this "have enough" concept?!?

I've got a modest 300 +/- blades in the den, get 4 shaves average for each blade, shaving 6 days a week, lasting me just shy of 4 years.

I've got maybe 130, which is just under 3 yrs at one per week, especially if I do a few one blade challenges.

I’ve got at least 500 blades now approximately. I can make 100 last for around 4 yrs. So, I can do 20 yrs with my stash. I plan on buying a few more, brands that I’d like to try but otherwise I don’t need many more. I am 52 now so having 30 yrs worth of blades is my plan.

Ages I expect. I have 34 different types of blade in stock at the moment, but I usually only get 5 of any blade. When I feel the urge I go on-line and pick up a few more tucks of blades that I haven't tried yet.
I don't expect that I'll change that habit, and so my stash will last indefinitely.

Ive got about 1300 blades and with shaving every other day and getting 3 uses out of each blade, Ive got about 25 years worth of blades. At that rate, I'll be 63 years old by the time I need more blades.

100+ Feathers
200+ Gillette Nacets
100+ Gillette Silver Blues
100+ Astra
100+ Voskhod
100+ Derby Premium
100+ Prime
150+ Treet Black Carbon
300+ misc tucks

I think I'm good for awhile, but I did order 100 Polsilvers and 100 Perma Sharps, well just because lol.

My stash consists of a 20-blade self-selected sampler from tryablade, plus a couple of dollar store brand Dorcos that were already in the house. I do not like the Dorcos; they tug and pull.
At 3 shaves a week a blade should last for two weeks, which means my stash should last for 40 weeks unless I really hate one of the blades in the sampler.
On the other hand, the first blade I tried (a GSB) worked so well that I might just get a 100-pack of them and call it good without even trying the rest of the blades in the sampler.

Hi,

I am on my last box of Personna Med Preps bought in a case lot back in the late 1980s. Right after, I also bought a case lot of Lab Blues (when they were still in the solid blue box with white writing and were stamped 'for laboratory use'). This, back during the Shavepocalypse when blades could only be bought from a surgical supply store 1000 at a time.

Anyway, this last box has 86 blades left. At my usage of 2 per calendar month, that is 3.58 years. So, I will need to buy a backup box of 100 Med Preps come January 2020.

Stan

I have approximately 800 DE blades, 250 SE blades and 150 injector blades. I also use straight razors on a part time basis. As I use maybe 3 disposable blades per month, my blades will surely outlast me! I look at it as my son’s inheritance.

Top Bottom