What's new

How long will YOUR blade stash last?

Are those Personna 74's everything they're cracked up to be? I was thinking about buying 5 on eBay. I'm a KAI user mostly.

I think I am up there with skydiveMD above... Maybe more.

I can't claim to be a big adherent to the notion of reincarnation, but I have enough shave gear to last me through this, and a good 5 more incarnations, as long as I somehow knew where to locate my stash in the next life(s)... The artisan super-fatted soap might go bad over a few lifetimes, but that was the topic of another recent thread.

It makes me ponder if there should be a 12 Step group for RAD,SAD,BAD, and all the other acquisition disorders people cop to in these parts : Hi my name is Kcmodan and I have 6000 really good razor blades sitting in a box under my sink...

DCJ
Not proud of this, but in the interest of honesty... I forgot to include the case of 4000 Voskhods.

I did a for-real blade inventory the other night, and applying educated assumptions about blade life, I currently have ~14.5 years worth of blades on-hand. This includes DE (comprised mostly of Wizamet/GSB/PolSilver), injector and AC-style.

Of course, with this knowledge in-hand, I decided last night that I really like how my trial run with Kai Captain Titan Mild AC blades went, and that I thus "need" to get in a couple 20-blade dispensers.

So, uhhh, that means when I receive those, I'll have not quite 16.5 years worth of blades....

Are those Personna 74's everything they're cracked up to be? I was thinking about buying 5 on eBay. I'm a KAI user mostly.

Personna 74 are legendary. The last one I used went 40 shaves. It was sharp throughout. I retired it because (a) it seemed that it was beginning to lose its sharpness and (b) I was getting bored and wanted to go to a new blade "the Spoiler." I may resurrect the Personna 74 with my Twinplex stropper and see if I can get another 40 days.

By the way did you get the Personna 74 that were on the Bay? I was thinking about it but $25 for a tuck of 5 felt a little steep. My cut off price for Personna 74 is under $3 per blade.

I've managed to avoid acquiring mass amounts of blades and have worked through 100 Astra SPs, 100 Personna Reds and various sample tucks during my 6 or so years of wet shaving. I'm down to my last tuck of Personna Reds and now will be trying all current Gillette offerings to determine which I like the best as it's been many years since I've tried them all and my technique has no doubt gotten much better.

204 blades. I get about 28-30 shaves per blade. Using 28 that is 15 years and 9 months or so. (5712 shaves plus another 57 in blades I have in razors)

Mostly GSB'S and Astra SP'S.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom