What's new

How long will YOUR blade stash last?

1400+ blades in inventory.

I use ~75 blades/year, so 18.5 year supply. My son should be shaving within the next 4-5 years, so hopefully he'll help me deplete the stash.

My wife uses DE blades too. But I swear she has me change the blade every 3-4 months, so she's not gonna help me burn through the stash.

I can't for the life of me understand how some guys get more than 5 or so shaves from modern blades. I have an average beard. One of my best friends is a barber, gave me a couple of straight razor shaves and gave me the evaluation. Before that I thought I had a heavy beard but he says most guys over rate theirs too in that regard. Anyways when I was using modern blades all I could get was 3 to 5 shaves. Maybe more if I wasn't the kind of guy to chuck a blade while still usable but in the slightest decline. Since I've gone vintage blades only and I get two weeks to a month out of a blade I have more than enough for the rest of my life. Hell, I have enough Personna 74s for that, or at least as long as I'll be shaving myself.

I'm estimating 7-8 years worth. I PIFed some, and will probably PIF some more.

There's a lot of variety -- some brands I've yet to shave with. The largest quantities are Personna Med Prep, Feather, Nacet, GSB, Perma Sharp Super, 7 O'clock Yellow and Silver Star.

Last edited:
It takes me about two weeks to get the roughness out of a P74 injector blade, so I will be pretty tired of using it. With injectors I do not get beyond ccs unless I pay a lot of atention to against the grain.

has anyone done a blade wars between vintage blades?

well this month I purchased 300 blades so I have 300 more months recently added.

That's one of the best looking blade storage boxes I've seen, wish I was able to make something like that.
I'll just settle for my cigar boxes, again good looking box.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
Storage box stained & three coats Hi-Build marine varnish.
Needs one more sanding this time with 600 wet/dry then final coat of varnish.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Storage box stained & three coats Hi-Build marine varnish.
Needs one more sanding this time with 600 wet/dry then final coat of varnish.
proxy.php
proxy.php

You can do mine the same way!
It's coming along perfect, post the finished product.

You can do mine the same way!
It's coming along perfect, post the finished product.

Thanks!
I actually wanted to buy a particular drawer box on Amazon and convert it to blade storage but it was always unavailable so I got tired of waiting.

Yesterday my stash extended by about 13.69 years ... finally got 500 Wizamet Super Iridium.
They last about 10 shaves for me :cheerful:

You can never have too many razor blades, as we learned recently there can be a shortage of everything within a couple of days, even basics like toilet paper:eek2::yikes:.

Keep a good stash of blades, you never know.
:cornut:

Toilet paper is only in short supply because people are hoarding it. When this first started I saw several people with a couple of carts stacked high, as if all the TP used in North America wasn't made here in the first place.

Hopefully this won't happen with razor blades (although I'm good for at least a couple centuries of shaves)

3000 blades. Longer than my lifespan for sure.
I have a little over 3000 too.Ig I shave every two days I figure I'll use them in 20 years.Quit buying shaving soap and razors and blades about 4 months ago.Now its fun to use them twice and toss as now I"ve got a goal to use them up!The only thing I worry about is if all 100 of the artisan soaps cans will keep till then.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I have about 10-12 blades left. I get a week or so from each blade and shave every other day. So I’m good for another 5 months at least.

Top Bottom