What's new

Hot Or Not: Shave Cave Edition

HOT: Captain's Choice Bay Rum, TI Le Grelots (all of 'em)
NOT: SOC (haven't used it in a week, but I like it a lot)

HOT: Floid Blue. Smells great and feels cool.
NOT: Musgo Real splash. One of my favorite scents ever, but just too thick/heavy for the summer.

HOT: Mama Bear soaps. Reaching for one of them almost every day.

NOT: Martin deCandre. It has lots of fans here, but I'm not one of them. Could never get over the scent issue. I just sold it; I hope the new owner loves it as much as most people here do.

HOT Institut Karite-- the waft of lavender when I start soaking it, the awesome slickness and lotion-like lather.
My new Japanese frameback-- I thought these were a bit nasty at first, but you just have to shave differently with them. Very close shave

NOT Tabac. The scent was cool in the winter, but it's just way too intense for the summer

HOT: Provence Sante Verlaine soap (first whiff didn't impress, but now it is all I can think of - when I'm not thinking about Cade!)

NOT: Booster Mosswood cream (I can't seem to get excellent lather as consistently as I can with my other soaps/creams - still love the scent and slickness though.)

- Doug

HOT: Musgo Real. Tried it for the first time. Probably is my second-favorite cream, after Acca Kappa 1869.

NOT: My DE. I'd rather be using my straight, but the blade needs a touch-up, and I haven't had time to do anything with it.

HOT: Buying a new straight razor on the BST! :001_tt1:

NOT: Finding out that the Canadian Post is on strike...and the seller lives in Canada. :sad:

But it was shipped the day before they went on strike, so maybe, just maybe it slipped through...

EDIT: This will be a future Shave Cave product! Not a current one (yet!)

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread Francesco!

HOT :thumbup1: Arlington Soap. Yup, it is summer.

NOT :thumbdown Marlborough Soap. Yup, it is summer.

HOT: My new Robert Becker Scuttle and any of the SE razors.

NOT HOT: My slim adjustable. It's a good razor but I find I am using it less now.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Schmokin' Hawt: Pinaud Classic Vanilla AS

Hot: Provence Sante Verlaine soap

Hot: My new Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush (step up from Tweezerman)

Not: Cream. I won't name the brand because I think it's a good brand, I'm just more of a soap guy than a cream guy.

HOT: My barely broken in Ebony Handled TGN Badger from King1976 (Teo) that is demolishing my Tabac, lathers wonderfully, and is the perfect size
NOT: Clubman and English Leather...feeling too sweet for summer for some reason, keep getting passed over for The Veg, Bay Rum, or Pacific Rush

My hot / not so hot items in my den as of today are:

HOT - Straights, honing & stropping

NOT so hot - My De's (I do like the few I have left and get great shaves from them, just having fun with the straights more)

Top Bottom