What's new

PIF - 5th ever "Shave like a man for an entire year" ~ Veteran's Day edition

Tabac! Haven't tried it yet. And eager to! What a pity it was one of my original guesses but I last minute changed it for the Lea shaving stick :/

This pif is going to set someone up! @Demaskee, you are very generous sir. I really enjoy the way you're revealing the items. So far I'm batting 0%, but there's still hope for guessing at least one correct. Even not getting one right I'm still in the running to win. Edward G. Robinson wouldn't back down & neither will I!

Thanks for the PIF!!! - I am a little late to the party but I want to shave like Anthony Hopkins - He is a badass in every movie he is in!

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 - Samponificio Varesino (I'll guess Opuntia)
6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 - Proraso Red
7) Blades - Gillette Silver Blue
8) A/S 1 - Stirling Piacenza
9) A/S 2 - Old Spice

I hope I did it right! Thanks again.

This is super generous! I’m respectfully in! I *want* to shave like my great grandfather— a guy so committed he came home early from the only vacation he took in his entire life. Let’s be honest though, as a newbie I probably shave more like Mac from Predator.
upload_2018-10-29_21-52-6.jpeg

I want to shave like my grandfather. I’m pretty sure he used Pinaud-Clubman and I think he’d be proud to know I shave the real way.
I’m starting with 6 since I’m a little late to the party.

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (Release Date - 30 Oct) MWF

7) Blades - (Release Date 3 Nov) Astra SP

8) A/S 1 - (Release Date 6 Nov) DR Harris Lotion

9) A/S 2 - (Release Date 10 Nov) Veg

Wow, I'm blown away by these PIF's. Thanks for the opportunity. I want to shave like Captain Spauldling. I got in late too, so I'll start with 7.

7) Blades - (Release Date 3 Nov) Astra SP

8) A/S 1 - (Release Date 6 Nov) alum block

9) A/S 2 - (Release Date 10 Nov) Fine Fresh
Vetiver

Gents!

After a more time consuming than expected hiatus due to work, I'm back. More reveals coming, good luck to all!!!

Working through the mid-point in this PIF, and continuing to see some great names on this list.

Your Majesty (not in) - Dick Winters (The Biggest Brother)
Shaving Panda (not in) - Sherlock Holmes
All4NicksNGiggles - Popeye
BigJ (not in) - His Avitar (sorry, I couldn't place the actor)
Yoteboy - General Patton
Heckle - Audie Murphy (I've been to his grave sight many times)
GearNoir - Count Dracula
Toulouse - His Grandfather
DannyZ - Walter White
Heron - Ernest Shackleton
MilkCrate - Bill the Cat
Avenfatua - His Grandfather Jose Sansano Isla
JamesBlades (not in) - Shamgar
dmshaver - Edward G. Robinson
Buddy97 - Mike Ehrmantraut
Ribeye - Clark Kent
EB Newfarm - Joseph Nye Welch
lancre - James Cagney
Glock - James "Mad Dog" Mattis
emwolf (not in) - Sterling Hagen
Davidkimberly - James Caan (AKA Sonny from the Godfather)
jruschme - Lloyd Bridges
Dzaw - Sean Connery
tankerjohn - Cary Grant
KeenDogg - Atticus Finch
JTshaves - Frank Sinatra
Ramathorn - Ben Kinglsley
catchacoolbreeze - Anthony Hopkins
ikkozilla - Bobby Darin (hopefully you've not been bitten by shark blades)
Badlander13 - His badass Great Grandfather
barko78 - His Badass Grandfather
ScoutK21 - Captain Spaulding

Now for the Fifth reveal!!!!

Italy makes some phenomenal soft soaps! I was sad to see my bowl of Cella run out on my 3017 journey, knowing it would be over a year before we could meet again. The rich almond scent, and easy to achieve slick, buttery lather make it a dream to shave with, and the cost is great as well. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Congrats to: MilkCrate, dmshaver, and tankerjohn for your correct guesses

proxy.php

We're headed to Germany for this next soap. Tabac is one of my favorite performers, and one of the easiest to get an incredible lather generated from. The smell reminds me of my Grandmother's purse. A mixture of mints and make-up. If this doesn't appeal to you, unwrap it and let the smell go away after some time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Congratulations to Avenafatua for correctly guessing this soap!
proxy.php

I've been 3017ing my gear for over a year now. So I'll be living vicariously through whoever gets this wonderful soap. The first soap will be D.R. Harris. Not sure the scent yet; they're all good. Marlborough gets high praise from me. If the winner has a preference, they'll need to let me know.

proxy.php

The brush for this PIF will be the RazoRock 400. Getting a Rubberset Aluminum 400 is one of my white whales. The fact that RazoRock decided to make a modern replica is awesome. I've never used it myself, so I will be asking for feedback from the winner! Congrats to ShavingPanda and James Blades for guessing correctly. You two will get an additional entry into the draw.

proxy.php

The razor for this PIF is going the be the Merkur 37C, (More affectionately known as the "Slant"). I have many razors, but in the last year I find myself reaching for my slant most of the time. It provides a great shave and added control in those tough to reach places (under the nostril). Hope the winner enjoys theirs as much as I do mine.

proxy.php

Plenty of time to get in on this if you'd like!

@Demaskee do you think i could rejoin this PIF? I no longer have my 37C anymore. :( And cella and tabac have been on my to-try list for a long time.

anyway these are my guesses.

soap/croap/cream #4: Taylor of old bond street sandalwood cream

blade: Gillette silver blue

A/S #1: Pinaud clubman

A/S #2: Fine accoutrements American blend

Working through the mid-point in this PIF, and continuing to see some great names on this list.

Your Majesty (Back in!)- Dick Winters (The Biggest Brother)
Yoteboy - General Patton
GearNoir - Count Dracula
DannyZ - Walter White
MilkCrate - Bill the Cat
Ribeye - Clark Kent
lancre - James Cagney
jruschme - Lloyd Bridges
Dzaw - Sean Connery
tankerjohn - Cary Grant
KeenDogg - Atticus Finch
JTshaves - Frank Sinatra

Now for the sixth reveal!!!!

Switching gears and going a little more artisanal this time. For the last soap, you get to choose any RazoRock soap of your choice. What do you go with XXX, Don Marco, Classic??? There are so many choices! Whatever you choose, you need to post a review of it on here, since they have more soaps than I'll every try in my lifetime.

proxy.php

Italy makes some phenomenal soft soaps! I was sad to see my bowl of Cella run out on my 3017 journey, knowing it would be over a year before we could meet again. The rich almond scent, and easy to achieve slick, buttery lather make it a dream to shave with, and the cost is great as well. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

proxy.php

We're headed to Germany for this next soap. Tabac is one of my favorite performers, and one of the easiest to get an incredible lather generated from. The smell reminds me of my Grandmother's purse. A mixture of mints and make-up. If this doesn't appeal to you, unwrap it and let the smell go away after some time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

proxy.php

I've been 3017ing my gear for over a year now. So I'll be living vicariously through whoever gets this wonderful soap. The first soap will be D.R. Harris. Not sure the scent yet; they're all good. Marlborough gets high praise from me. If the winner has a preference, they'll need to let me know.

proxy.php

The brush for this PIF will be the RazoRock 400. Getting a Rubberset Aluminum 400 is one of my white whales. The fact that RazoRock decided to make a modern replica is awesome. I've never used it myself, so I will be asking for feedback from the winner! Congrats to ShavingPanda and James Blades for guessing correctly. You two will get an additional entry into the draw.

proxy.php

The razor for this PIF is going the be the Merkur 37C, (More affectionately known as the "Slant"). I have many razors, but in the last year I find myself reaching for my slant most of the time. It provides a great shave and added control in those tough to reach places (under the nostril). Hope the winner enjoys theirs as much as I do mine.

proxy.php

Plenty of time to get in on this if you'd like!

@Demaskee, glad you're OK & back at it! As I've said before, your reveals are very entertaining & making the participation in your pif all the more enjoyable. But I also need to compliment you on the quality of the images you are posting as you announce your reveals!

So many choices for the winner to choose from. A DR Harris soap and a Razorock soap. What a great PIF. Looking forward to the next reveal!

The final reveals are here!!!

Your Majesty (Back in!)- Dick Winters (The Biggest Brother)
Yoteboy - General Patton
GearNoir - Count Dracula
DannyZ - Walter White
MilkCrate - Bill the Cat
Ribeye - Clark Kent
lancre - James Cagney
jruschme - Lloyd Bridges
Dzaw - Sean Connery
tankerjohn - Cary Grant
KeenDogg - Atticus Finch
JTshaves - Frank Sinatra

Now for the final reveals!!!!

Shaving wouldn't be shaving without the blades. THis time I'm giving away 100 Astra SPs. Astras are always in my rotation. They work well with all my razors and give a great shave.

Congrats: barko78, tankerjohn, ScoutK21, and MilkCrate for correctly guessing!

proxy.php

I'm a HUGE fan of aftershaves. It was hard for me to nail down two. So I figured I'd pass the tough decision down to you. This time I'm giving away any two Pinaud brand aftershaves of your choosing. Maybe you want that classic barbershop scent of Clubman, perhaps the clovey burn of Bay Rum, maybe you want to see if you're "Chosen" and test out "The Veg." My wife is partial to Special Reserve.

Congrats to; ShavingPanda, GearNoir, MilkCrate, dmshaver, lancre, Glock, tankerjohn, and Your Majesty for the correct guess!

proxy.php

Switching gears and going a little more artisanal this time. For the last soap, you get to choose any RazoRock soap of your choice. What do you go with XXX, Don Marco, Classic??? There are so many choices! Whatever you choose, you need to post a review of it on here, since they have more soaps than I'll every try in my lifetime.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Drawing will be held in a couple of hours one my wife gets home from work. Good Luck!!!

Top Bottom