What's new

Hot Or Not: Shave Cave Edition

HOT? TOBS Sandalwood cream. My first ever cream, and didn't really like the scent as it was more soapy than sandalwood. I've gone back to it (mostly because it's been over two years and I still haven't finished the tub, but also partly because I've picked up the TOBS sandalwood AS and cologne) and I really enjoy the scent now. It's grown on me, and the performance is still first-rate.
NOT? Caswell Massey 1752 soap (totally worthless as a shave soap, it's lather is too airy and disappears when you turn your head) and my Gillette New (I've been spoiled by the aggression of my Henckels Rapide) as it's not tough enough to give me a 2 pass BBS.

HOT: Proraso. It's hot outside, and I want my morning cool off before I have to face it!

NOT: Mitchell's Wool Fat. Same reason as the above - I just really don't feel like having luxurious warm lather when it's toasty outside.

HOT - My oldest straight razor, a Greaves and Sons wedge with a WR monarch stamp (1830-1837)
NOT - Any of my DE's!

-Matt-

HOT:All my straights but especially 6/8 Thiers-Issard Le Grelot
NOT:T&H shaving creams. I wanted to like them but the scents bothered my allergies. Too bad for me. They worked beautifully.

HOT: Personna Med Preps - been enjoying this blade a lot recently.
NOT: Gillette Slim - I think I'm becoming a three-piece DE guy.

HOT: Proraso Aole and Green Tea Soap, Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic, Slant, Feather
NOT: TOBS Sandalwood :sad: too hot now, English Leather and Clubman Aftershave, Gillette Tech

HOT: Indian Old Spice Original Shaving Cream (the scent is freaking amazing)

NOT: Proraso (For some reason the menthol kick isn't enough for me anymore)

HOT: Vintage Blades - Spoiler, Schick Plus Platinum, English-made Wilkinson Sword
NOT: Too-mild Vintage Razors - Gillette Superspeed Black Tip and Blue Tip

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Hot: C.O. Bigelow can't be beat on hot summer days.

Not: Pinaud Bay Rum is really breaking me out with red bumps on my neck in hot weather.

Top Bottom