What's new

High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022

WR2 1.25 smooth and efficient.
20220706_162450[1].jpg

Were we in need of an acronym for our activities in this thread? I rember some mentioning that earlier.

I just had the following thought:

H.E.R.O. - High Efficiency Razor Ownership followed by the month of our choice. After all there is something heroic in using a high efficiency razor like the ones we are targeting here.

Would that be enough of a soundbite? Perhaps other thoughts? Or just stick with what we have is of course also a great idea.

Best,

Guido

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency July 2022
20220705_211502~2.jpg

Razor: Razorine Flatboy (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co Jade (AP Shave Co 26mm Synbad Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Fragrance: Red Classic Match EdT Spray
20220705_211600~2.jpg

Excellent shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11835536

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency July

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (7)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
RazoRock F-400 XXL 34mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: none
Lather: Col Conk Unscented and ARKO!, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

Back to MOAR and back to mentholated aftershave.

Prep for tonight’s shave was loading soap like something was wrong with me followed by face lathering and adding water like under hydrated lather was what was wrong with me. The Guillotine Stroke/Gillette Slide, zigzagging, and the tiniest of j-hooks were present in the shave. The cap was surfed heathenistically and a fine shave was enjoyed.

Seven days in on my return to the RazoRock Hawk V3OC and I’m getting the hang of it. One day back on eschewing pre-shave prep and I’m enjoying that, too.

Date​
07.07.2022​
Main Focus:07/31 Days in GRUME (out at 19%)
186/188 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face wash
Proraso Green Preshave
Cream:Haslinger Sandelholz
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Kox Enemel Green \ Proraso
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400 Aluminium
Passes:WTG (N-S)
XTG (NW-SE)
ATG (S-N)
Razor:Razorine Flatboy 72
Blade:Dorco Titan (2)
Rating:9/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11835970

Have a Great day everyone

20220707_075125-01-01.jpeg

A great shave on Blackland Thursday!

This morning I had another great shave with the Ti'Bird / Feather combo. The Bird mowed down two days worth of growth like nobody's business. Three passes made my skin velvety smooth again.

For shaving my chin, a troublespot area in my face, I unscrewed the handle a bit (approx. a quarter turn) to increase the blade gap. Never tried this before. It worked out pretty well, the blade was kept in place securely (enough), though a bit of blade chatter showed up.

BBS, no nicks.

Happy shaves!

Razor: Blackland Vector (60)
Blade: Feather AC Professional Blade (2)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Sheep
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close and Very smooth. A pleasant DFS+ steep angle shave. 4 passes with a very light touch.

Fantastic error free shave. A duplicate of the first shave on this blade. This is one of Blackland’s recommended blades.

Shave Log Summary 20220703

Cheers!!!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency July 2022
20220707_174426~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Custom LE, Golden Pewter Crown, Olive Wood Handle (Hand-tied 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Brut Classic
Fragrance: Brut Original EdT Spray
20220707_174604~2.jpg

This kit fires on all cylinders and delivers an absolutely superb top tier shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11837230

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency July

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (8)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: none
Lather: Col Conk Unscented and ARKO!, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

Didn’t load enough soap so it didn’t hold enough water. Henceforth, the shave was slowed. So I know what I’m doing differently next time.

Razor: Blackland Vector (61)
Blade: Feather AC Professional Blade (3)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Sheep
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut;

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close and Very smooth. A pleasant DFS+ steep angle shave. 4 passes with a very light touch.

Fantastic error free shave. A duplicate of the first two shaves on this blade. This blade could be my favorite. Gentle enough I forgot the post shave balm.

Shave Log Summary 20220703

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom