What's new

High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Tradere OC. What a sweet ride! High efficiency coupled with maximum smoothness. Its a Wolfman killer for sure. The B&M Passiflora set is about as good as it gets in my den. I'd say this is #2, right behind B&M "42"... my all time favorite soap, but now in Omnibus as well! The slickness and cushion of the Omnibus is top notch. But the post shave feel is over the top! Today's blade was a vintage Schick Super Stainless with 6 shaves under its belt. Not the sharpest blade by this point. But the whole package was super smooth and comfy. Nice DFS+ result without even breaking a sweat. Great way to start the day!

2022-06-02 11.06.47.jpg

First use of my Zenith M23 Copper Manchurian Badger today. It was very nice... soft tips with a bit of scrub but no scritch.

The ESC Claymore Evolution continues to perform flawlessly. I like it even better with the lighter Timeless Ti Crown handle. Not that the OEM handle is bad but the lighter weight is nice. And in case you missed it, Executive Shaving Co. has a sale on to honor Brian Mulreany's retirement after 13 years at the helm. 20% off. Code: BYE2022.

I just started flipping my blades after every shave. I didn't expect much but today was the 6th shave with this Kai Titan MG guarded blade... and it felt like the first use. I'm a bit shocked, truth be told. I gotten 6 max shaves with the Kai and Feather AC guarded blades but I could always tell when the blade had hit the wall on that 6th shave.

Two pass shave with minor buffing on my chin.... extremely comfortable shave... DFS territory for sure. Like many of you, I've give up on that BBS shave. I don't have any babies handy to compare anyway.

View attachment 1465960

Sorry for the slight turn on the Baume.be Pre-Shave... for those of you with OCD.... rotate it a few degrees clockwise... thx. <eg>
That brush handle is pretty darn cool! 😎

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Just one more razor, @azion1995 — the choice of head and/or handle is completely up to your desires at the moment (a lot of people were very happy to use mild razors last August for some reason…) — and the reason is to deal with blunted dopamine receptors and rationalize it’s to improve grooming comfort over time.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June 2022
Razor: ATT Mixed Metal CH1 (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co White (26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: RazoRock Saturnia
Fragrance: Milton-Lloyd Essentials No 3 EdP Spray
20220602_134900~2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11792408

High Efficiency June -- Shave 2

Razor: Tatara Nodachi
Blade: vintage Schick Super Stainless Krona-coated
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: TOBS Eaton College
A/S: Stirling Sandpiper

IMG_20220602_200723132.jpg

Tonight's shave had all the elements in place for high efficiency 2-pass affair. Three passes and extra work on the neck left me with the neck feeling like it still needed to be shaved in some areas. Not sure what went wrong, but at least I smell great!

• 3/30 days in GRUME June (10% completed and still in)
  • 3/30 days High Efficiency Razors in June
  • 153/154 days of shaving (99.34%)
765ACCF5-880E-491F-92B3-662FF722EB56.jpeg

Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Special Edition Originale
Blade:Dorco Titan (3)
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Cream:TGS Pino Alpestre
Bowl:Proraso
Passes:
WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck) and CB slide
W/XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
X/ATG - Slightly slanted (SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:8.0/10 BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11792885

Have a Great day everyone.

Last edited:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

High efficiency razor that doesn’t care that I’m a low efficiency shaver. 1.5 passes; 12 if you count buffing the chin; and a comfortable, close, and quick shave was attained.

Thought of using ARKO! because it was tye of @FarmerTan , but I’ve been on a Col Conk kick and stuck with it to great effect. Today’s my Pop’s birthday and he’s been a beardo for decades, but I’m still breaking out the razor tonight.

High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Shark Super Stainless (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

High efficiency razor that doesn’t care that I’m a low efficiency shaver. 1.5 passes; 12 if you count buffing the chin; and a comfortable, close, and quick shave was attained.

Thought of using ARKO! because it was tye of @FarmerTan , but I’ve been on a Col Conk kick and stuck with it to great effect. Today’s my Pop’s birthday and he’s been a beardo for decades, but I’m still breaking out the razor tonight.
Congrats on your dad’s birthday! Celebrated mine’s in May when he turned 75. Also a beardy fellow but I have gifted him a visit to the barber together with me. Hot towels here we come!

Enjoy,

Guido

Last edited:
Top Bottom