What's new

High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022

Razor: Stirling Soap Co ST plate (3)
Blade: Lord Platinum Classic (3)
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Sheep
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Unscented Post Shave Balm

Let’s make this a Stirling Sunday!

1 small nick on the chin; Mild irritation on lower left neck area; Very close; Very Smooth; Pleasant 3 pass DFS+ shave.

I plan to revisit the Stirling after concluding on the Vector.

Shave Log Summary 20220703

Cheers!!!

8A7284CC-B62A-4996-8BAC-40B6E5827679.jpeg

Blackland Blackbird Ti / Feather (1)

Ti Bird/ Feather combo is fantastic and plenty efficient 😎

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (3)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented and ARKO!, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

Even better shave than the last two. Struggled to get the ATG part of some portions of my neck by making a few skewed angles with the blade. Decided XTG was worth a try and the skin beneath the whiskers agreed.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Pls tell me @never-stop-learning
Which of the two razors has more blade feel? The Roedter 1909 or Stirling's SS razor with Hyper Aggressive plate?
Asking for a friend 😏
In my opinion, the Roedter 1909 has more blade feel than the Stirling HA, but the blade is better supported and more controlled in the Stirling HA. :)

20220703_171654-01-01.jpeg

Pictured is my travel setup for the upcoming days...

I had a beautiful shave this evening with the Ti'Bird. 2 passes, a fresh Feather blade. One tiny nick, that's not uncommon to happen with a fresh Feather. I didn’t even noticed it before the small red drop appeared.
Almost BBS.

Happy shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June and July 2022
20220703_114716~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General (Timeless Spiral TRH6 Titanium Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (5)
Brush: Simpson Tulip T3 in Super Badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pre de Provance No. 63
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Belcam Vault EdT Spray
20220703_114808~2.jpg

Superb top tier razor! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11832041

Date​
04.07.2022​
Main Focus:04/31 Days in GRUME (12% and still in)
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face wash
Proraso Green Preshave
Cream:TGS Solo
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso
Brush:Omega Proraso
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) N-S
XTG (Gillette Slide) NW-SE
Touch ups
Razor:R41 Clone (R41C) with KCG handle
Blade:Dorco ST300HQ (8)
Rating:6/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS
Link:https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11832235

Have a Great day everyone

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
High Efficiency
SOTD

Trimmer:
Wahl Groomsman
Razor: Vector with MMOC handle
Razor: WR2 0.95
Blade: Proline (3) Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: Layrite No9
20220703_221741[2].jpg

After not shaving my face for a year, I trimmed my sideburns with my Vintage 1980's Wahl Groomsman first, used the Vector to reduce and shape, then finished up with my WR2 0.95, leaving the goatee and 'stache unmolested, and my face, naked.

~doug~

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (4)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented and ARKO!, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

Another day of getting a little better at finding the correct angles and using a lighter touch. Much less overshaving, so yay! Suspecting the rich, yet heavily hydrated lather is more responsible for the efficiency of the shave than my razor’s blade exposure, but not enough to use another razor for at least the next few shaves.

Razor: Blackland Sabre L1 (11)
Blade: Personna GEM Coated (3)
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Sheep
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut

No nicks; No irritation; close; Very smooth; Pleasant DFS+ result.

I discovered late yesterday that I had shaved too closely with the Stirling SSST and developed a latent rash. Therefore it makes sense to use something a lot less efficient. I’m glad I purchased the Blackland Sabre L1 for conditions like this. One more shave like this one and the face should be ready to resume with the Blackland Vector.

Shave Log Summary 20220703

Cheers!!!

American Independence Day shave. No pic today, sorry.

Decided to try my aluminum Karve open comb D plate with a Polsilver SI. I put it on the Stirling Austin handle just because I could.

Lather was a soap homemade by somebody on this forum. I scented it with Peach and Peony; I call the scent "32" because P is the 16th letter of the alphabet.

After completing the first pass, which went well, the Stirling ST head called to me, so I changed the blade from the Karve to the ST to do the second pass and the touch-ups.

Final result was a DFS bordering on BBS, with one small area of irritation on the low neck on the left side.

Aftershave was PAA Immortal Peach in the Star Jelly formulation, with menthol. Very nice!

This unknown slant surely fits in this thread. It has the same humpback as the Walbusch. The bottomplate is different. This one has teeth with huge gaps, while the gap between the plates is huge too.
I had difficulties handling this freak razor. The beard shave was so rough, I changed both blade and soap for the head shave. To prevent it from tugging (biting the stubble) medium length, but fast strokes were required. I tried to figure out the exact function of the humpback, but I have not yet found the right technique with this razor. The shave was almost painful and both AS and balm burned (which I like). Two minor bloodspots and a little shorted stubble. I cut the patches with my Mulcuto, because I had enough of the nasty skin feel.
Since I'm in July GRUME anyway, I will keep using this predator untill I tame it.
I added some thumbnail pics for you to examine this challenging object. Feedback appreciated.

E17458F2-D27C-444C-83FD-900CE22BE97F.jpeg
82C88EC8-BB11-4C3D-A07E-B1E3C1EFCEFB.jpeg20499E03-43CB-4058-977B-50811A3BE231.jpegBE751F65-0CB5-4F6C-B67C-22CFF072B58F.jpegAFB97CD0-37A0-41E6-82D7-F84C3F42E727.jpeg

20220704_131324-01-01-01.jpeg
Another beautiful shave with my travel setup.

Soap sample of the day was Barrister and Mann's Seville, a highly enjoyable scent (though basically I'm not a big fan of patchouli influenced scents). 2 passes wtg/atg plus some additional touchups. Couldn't be happier with this shave and the result I ended up with: BBS. No weepers, no redness of my skin other than the result of sun time on the beach 😉.
Did I already mention it's been a beautiful shave?

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom