What's new

Herring shoes are amazing

I've never fallen in love with clothing or shoes before, but I think it might be love at first sight:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

V

VR6ofpain

I wish they had those boots in my size. I'd buy them even without trying them on. They are just so sick looking. I have never seen something like that stateside. I'll have to settle on some Red Wings or something. Or maybe they will make larger sizes at Herring again.

How difficult would it be to exchange sizes? I have a pair of AE's and would love to try some Church's but I'm not sure how they fit. Unfortunately, the Church's store in the DC area closed.

I wish they had those boots in my size. I'd buy them even without trying them on. They are just so sick looking. I have never seen something like that stateside. I'll have to settle on some Red Wings or something. Or maybe they will make larger sizes at Herring again.

you can get them here at a sales price it's just a different brand made by the same manufacturer :
http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/ym-gbpdefault/yr-yn-Clearance/yd-Men's-Shoes/yp-MB025DBN/Tan-Merchant-Military-Grainy-Leather-Boots

you need to click on "sale" and then "men shoes" .

Last edited:
How difficult would it be to exchange sizes? I have a pair of AE's and would love to try some Church's but I'm not sure how they fit. Unfortunately, the Church's store in the DC area closed.

churchs shoes size a bit small ,i take 1 full size or one half size over any other english shoemaker ,depending on the last.
the fitting is F =USA EE or G= USA EEE .

despite their detractors they are great shoes .herring's customer service is great also.

V

VR6ofpain

you can get them here at a sales price it's just a different brand made by the same manufacturer :
http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/ym-gbpdefault/yr-yn-Clearance/yd-Men's-Shoes/yp-MB025DBN/Tan-Merchant-Military-Grainy-Leather-Boots

you need to click on "sale" and then "men shoes" .
You bastard. Did you think I really needed to see this?!? :scared:

I just bought a pair of boots (they should arrive this week)...and now I am looking at yet another shoe purchase. OMG I am going to be broke. :biggrin1: :w00t:

V

VR6ofpain

chukka-
Seriously though, thanks for the link. I'll have to keep an eye on this site as well. I am curious, is their sizing also in UK measurements? I wear a US 11.5D, which according to Herringshoes is an 11F.

Also the price at Herring is better, $220 (£140.43) compared to $260. I'll have to continue to look at all these UK made shoes and drool.

price is £129 this is $206 after the usual 2% credit card fees :idea: tempting...
they are a uk sizing they have a conversion table at the end of the page .
i have shop with both and they are very convienent .
they have on the us currency the same shoes at $260 with us sizing .sounds strange to me .
maybe they have a us shop i don't know ,there is one in france .

Last edited:
Maybe this has been discussed before but why the 1/4 rubber heel? It scuffs up my floor like a beast. Are there alternatives?

Thanks!
Raymond

Maybe this has been discussed before but why the 1/4 rubber heel? It scuffs up my floor like a beast. Are there alternatives?

Thanks!
Raymond

it is for confort & prevent used the leather ,manufacturers have hard times theses days to find very nice leather for making sole an heels so it destruct very quickly .i have ruin my shoes a the toe after wearing them only 4 times ,i use the 1/4 heel a lot also .so now all my shoes wear recessed toe taps and a rubber slice so i can use them in all weather .it cheaper than waiting to a full resole .
alternative is to wear slippers at home (i use drapper & L.B. evans)so it doesn't scuff your floor .
more information at askandy forum ,style forum & souliers.net a french forum that you can translate with a google account .hope it helps
full

Last edited by a moderator:
V

VR6ofpain

price is £129 this is $206 after the usual 2% credit card fees :idea: tempting...
they are a uk sizing they have a conversion table at the end of the page .
i have shop with both and they are very convienent .
they have on the us currency the same shoes at $260 with us sizing .sounds strange to me .
maybe they have a us shop i don't know ,there is one in france .
It is odd how it shows $260 when you set it to USD.

i have never wear AE shoes ,only their belts so i can't argue but i have a pair of loake kempton in brown suede & they are fine just not in the same ligue than other english shoemaker .they are considred entry level but good for the price .
their "royal" model is their most popular among shoes connoisseur .
proxy.php

proxy.php

Chukka is correct, Loakes are a decent shoe but as, he says, entry level for the Northampton shoemakers. I have had a few pairs of Loakes over the years and they are good quality. Put them next to a pair of Trickers and you'll see the difference.

As far as I know, a lot of the Herring off the rack shoes are made for them by Loake. They make quality shoes for several companies and they make them to a price so their quality varies on price.

Also I like Chukka's shoe photo. The second pair, the suedes are Chukka boots! Is that where you got the name mate?

Gareth

answer is in the hall of fame.yes it's where i got my nickname i wear this kind of shoes since i'm a child when my mother buy me some clarks & i collect them as much as money can ,now with razors, soap,brushes, that's a lot of addictions ,sargent,cheaney,crockett,churchs,barker,sanders,grenson.... i want them all:smile:

V

VR6ofpain

answer is in the hall of fame.yes it's where i got my nickname i wear this kind of shoes since i'm a child when my mother buy me some clarks & i collect them as much as money can ,now with razors, soap,brushes, that's a lot of addictions ,sargent,cheaney,crockett,churchs,barker,sanders,grenson.... i want them all:smile:
Cheers!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom