What's new

Head Shaver's Check-In

You wouldn’t want to part ways with your timeless .95 SB would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about selling the whole timeless master kit, but i’d Prefer to give them another go as my technique would have changed. Also, the .95 SB is my favourite out of the master kit.

Will keep thinking on it, but I wouldn’t think about selling for at least another couple of years or think it was worth it selling seeing as I live in Dubai and shipping globally would prohibit someone buying from me (I would assume)

I was thinking about selling the whole timeless master kit, but i’d Prefer to give them another go as my technique would have changed. Also, the .95 SB is my favourite out of the master kit.

Will keep thinking on it, but I wouldn’t think about selling for at least another couple of years or think it was worth it selling seeing as I live in Dubai and shipping globally would prohibit someone buying from me (I would assume)

Global shipping would probably be cost prohibitive!

I'm not new to shaving the noggin but I am new to the forum. Been shaving my head for about 17 years now. Glad to be a part of this. Hello folks!

Just started this week shaving the melon with one of my DE razors. I have to give it to you guys, it is not as easy as it looks. Now I just want to learn what good products there are to keep the dome looking great. :)

Just started this week shaving the melon with one of my DE razors. I have to give it to you guys, it is not as easy as it looks. Now I just want to learn what good products there are to keep the dome looking great. :)

I've gotten great results with my Rockwell 6s and the #3 plate. I've gotten good results with both my Muhle R89 and the Razorock Baby Smooth. I think the R89 performed slightly better than the Razorock though. All of my head shaves are don with the PolSilver Super Iridium blades. Just for good measure... I've found nothing equal to Soap Commander Integrity AS balm to finish up. Just my 2 cents. Oh and BTW, I also tried the Rockwell 6C with the #3 plate and the shave was not good. I found it to be too aggressive.

I've gotten great results with my Rockwell 6s and the #3 plate. I've gotten good results with both my Muhle R89 and the Razorock Baby Smooth. I think the R89 performed slightly better than the Razorock though. All of my head shaves are don with the PolSilver Super Iridium blades. Just for good measure... I've found nothing equal to Soap Commander Integrity AS balm to finish up. Just my 2 cents. Oh and BTW, I also tried the Rockwell 6C with the #3 plate and the shave was not good. I found it to be too aggressive.

Thank you for the heads up (pun intended!) But seriously, I have been using the Astra SP's, but I am a little hesitant with trying something a little sharper. I was thinking maybe the Gillette Silver Blues, but I may have to try the PolSilvers. I have been wanting to try Soap Commander, so this may be a good opportunity.

I have only had my second head shave this week, but how many times did you shave before you felt really comfortable?

Thank you for the heads up (pun intended!) But seriously, I have been using the Astra SP's, but I am a little hesitant with trying something a little sharper. I was thinking maybe the Gillette Silver Blues, but I may have to try the PolSilvers. I have been wanting to try Soap Commander, so this may be a good opportunity.

I have only had my second head shave this week, but how many times did you shave before you felt really comfortable?

I'm a huge fan of the PolSilvers. You can find a lot of folks on B&B who are all very happy with them. They are a little pricey if you don't buy them in bulk but definitely worth it IMO. Once I found them, I never looked back (for my head shaves).
I really like the Soap Commander products. I do like the Stirling soaps a little better on my head though. My pre-shave routine for my head is different than my face. I always shave my head post shower, never my face though. You won't go wrong with either soap. Soap Commander's balm is the best I've tried. I don't use any fragrance in my shave products, so I'm a little limited in what's available for me out there.
It didn't take long to get comfortable shaving my head with a DE razor. It's a very different shave than a face shave. Except for the back of my neck, as I'm sure you've figured out, the angle constantly changes with each stroke (unless you blade buff your entire head) and that's what you have to learn. It's also a slower shave than the face. Once you figure out the angle, you'll be fine. A less aggressive razor (like the ones I mentioned) will help quickly build your confidence. For a long time I used Total Shaving Solution's shave oil as part of my pre-shave routine. I don't any longer but it's a great product. The confidence comes quite quickly.

I'm using a polsilver this week for face and head. It's very smooth. I also get great shave from nacet, gsb, personna red and blue, and many others

I'm a huge fan of the PolSilvers. You can find a lot of folks on B&B who are all very happy with them. They are a little pricey if you don't buy them in bulk but definitely worth it IMO. Once I found them, I never looked back (for my head shaves).
I really like the Soap Commander products. I do like the Stirling soaps a little better on my head though. My pre-shave routine for my head is different than my face. I always shave my head post shower, never my face though. You won't go wrong with either soap. Soap Commander's balm is the best I've tried. I don't use any fragrance in my shave products, so I'm a little limited in what's available for me out there.
It didn't take long to get comfortable shaving my head with a DE razor. It's a very different shave than a face shave. Except for the back of my neck, as I'm sure you've figured out, the angle constantly changes with each stroke (unless you blade buff your entire head) and that's what you have to learn. It's also a slower shave than the face. Once you figure out the angle, you'll be fine. A less aggressive razor (like the ones I mentioned) will help quickly build your confidence. For a long time I used Total Shaving Solution's shave oil as part of my pre-shave routine. I don't any longer but it's a great product. The confidence comes quite quickly.

That works for me. I have been using my Maggard's slant for the head shave. I am going to definitely check these out. I am stoked for the next shave. :)

I have been itching to try Nacet. I love the GSB's, so I am wondering if the Nacets are better.

Hey WarriorMonk! The biggest piece of advice I could give is to be patient in every sense of this journey. Be patient with your technique. Be patient when getting new items. Be patient when trying new products. Everyone likes things a little different. I am not a huge fan of polsilver blades for head shaves right now but as my technique improves and paired in a different razor I may love them. Right now my best set up is a Kai blade in the Rockwell 6c plate 4. If you are looking at different razors, I liked the maggards OC much more than the maggards slant.

Hey WarriorMonk! The biggest piece of advice I could give is to be patient in every sense of this journey. Be patient with your technique. Be patient when getting new items. Be patient when trying new products. Everyone likes things a little different. I am not a huge fan of polsilver blades for head shaves right now but as my technique improves and paired in a different razor I may love them. Right now my best set up is a Kai blade in the Rockwell 6c plate 4. If you are looking at different razors, I liked the maggards OC much more than the maggards slant.

Thank you for the advice. It took me a couple of years to get my DE face shaving down, so I was hoping the experience would translate to head shaving as well. :)

Hey, sorry if this I'd random but I'm kinda new to the shaving on the head but I might have to stop because I started getting Keloids on the back of my neck and while it simmered down, it's now small bumps with blacks smudges...I had it treated a bit but wanted you guys take. I don't want to stop shaving my head (I got full hair, but enjoy the baldness), but will if needed.

I game a super 85 adjustable and use Astra blades along with shea moisture shave soap.

Hey, sorry if this I'd random but I'm kinda new to the shaving on the head but I might have to stop because I started getting Keloids on the back of my neck and while it simmered down, it's now small bumps with blacks smudges...I had it treated a bit but wanted you guys take. I don't want to stop shaving my head (I got full hair, but enjoy the baldness), but will if needed.

I game a super 85 adjustable and use Astra blades along with shea moisture shave soap.
Sorry to hear about you issues, hope you get it figured out. First I've heard of this. From my quick research it doesn't sound like fun, but at least it's mostly cosmetic not harmful to the health. Just wanted to say it's always better to talk to your doctor or get an opinion from another medical professional than some random guys on the internet. Again I do hope you get it resolved, keep us posted.

I would definitely put my head shaving plans in the hands of a competent physician. A good shave is always subordinate to good health

Sorry to hear about you issues, hope you get it figured out. First I've heard of this. From my quick research it doesn't sound like fun, but at least it's mostly cosmetic not harmful to the health. Just wanted to say it's always better to talk to your doctor or get an opinion from another medical professional than some random guys on the internet. Again I do hope you get it resolved, keep us posted.

Whelp leaving my head alone treated it but I still want to shave again! If it is okay I want to make a post on the matter of the changes I went through with my face and head shaving. Currently I use a bump fighter razor to shave my head, however now I notice the bumps are coming back and I don't know if it's because I didn't switch the cartridges or my head is just prone to it . I asked a fellow black bald gent and he told me to try Edge shave gel.

I now use a Gillete 84 adjustable razor with Astra blades (face, but only bumo fighter I my head), along with witch hazel afterward and jojoba oil to moisturize.

Looking at my head and face I wanna try using tree oil and aloe Vera gel with the jojoba oil to make my oil after shave treatment. I am thinking on getting poraso shaving soap and a badger brush on Amazon, but I don't know .

I know this site is heavy on classic shaving but different things work for different. people. I'm tired of wondering if the bumps on the back of my neck will come back and they are slowly . I wanna keep em down for good and be bald and happy. I'm also looking into an antibacterial soap as a pot of forums say it's good to use for the face (can I use for my whole body though?).

I also wanna get rid of my hyperpigmentation that I got when first shaving. I read that Aloe vera gel and lemon juice can remedy it . How much of Aloe vers and Tree oil should I use when making my own concoction?

Whelp leaving my head alone treated it but I still want to shave again! If it is okay I want to make a post on the matter of the changes I went through with my face and head shaving. Currently I use a bump fighter razor to shave my head, however now I notice the bumps are coming back and I don't know if it's because I didn't switch the cartridges or my head is just prone to it . I asked a fellow black bald gent and he told me to try Edge shave gel.

I now use a Gillete 84 adjustable razor with Astra blades (face, but only bumo fighter I my head), along with witch hazel afterward and jojoba oil to moisturize.

Looking at my head and face I wanna try using tree oil and aloe Vera gel with the jojoba oil to make my oil after shave treatment. I am thinking on getting poraso shaving soap and a badger brush on Amazon, but I don't know .

I know this site is heavy on classic shaving but different things work for different. people. I'm tired of wondering if the bumps on the back of my neck will come back and they are slowly . I wanna keep em down for good and be bald and happy. I'm also looking into an antibacterial soap as a pot of forums say it's good to use for the face (can I use for my whole body though?).

I also wanna get rid of my hyperpigmentation that I got when first shaving. I read that Aloe vera gel and lemon juice can remedy it . How much of Aloe vers and Tree oil should I use when making my own concoction?
Glad to hear thing are going better. If you think it's coming back, probably best to see a doctor. I'm certainly no expert on this, but I will say badger brushes irritate my scalp, and I much prefer a synth brush. Also as far as soap choices I would look for something unscented Heavy scents can also be irritating.

Glad to hear thing are going better. If you think it's coming back, probably best to see a doctor. I'm certainly no expert on this, but I will say badger brushes irritate my scalp, and I much prefer a synth brush. Also as far as soap choices I would look for something unscented Heavy scents can also be irritating.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll start with a synthetic brush then . I see one on Amazon for $14-$15, and gonna buy this "Black Tie Razor" soap. After about over a week or two when the bumps fade will I try to shave my head again. Right now it'll be testing on thw face.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll start with a synthetic brush then . I see one on Amazon for $14-$15, and gonna buy this "Black Tie Razor" soap. After about over a week or two when the bumps fade will I try to shave my head again. Right now it'll be testing on thw face.

Have you visited the B.U.G.S. forum? Most of the folks there have skin issues that have forced them to find great soaps that don't get much "press" due to they aren't loaded with smelly stuff. A lot of these guys have fought through issues and have some great advice. I find that my head shaves and face shaves are very different and once I found a soap that worked, worked on both. Give it a look see and just maybe you'll find some ideas.

Top Bottom