What's new

Graham Field month

After a few nights sleep and a few more shaves, I thought Id try the GF again, I left it in the same razor and the same setting as last time.

I wish I could say things were much improved, but I cant. Improved? Yes! Not enough to reverse any decision about ever using these blades as a regular thing.

I will keep them and bring them out when a special situation calls for it, ( IRS audit, prostate exam, dog chewing a pair of AE shoes).

Vez, I'm glad someone finds them useful!

So...Troy Was kind enough to send me one of these and I tried it tonight. All I can say is wow! I truly believe that a few cheap, china pocket knives I've owned that wouldn't cut hot butter would shave better. I can't comprehend how anyone can shave with these. I made it through one pass on a 24 hour beard and after I washed off,I almost couldn't tell I had even started. 90% of the stubble that I started with was still there. This was with my proven '58 superspeed that I can get a dfs with any other blade I have tried with my eyes closed and my go-to vdg soap. I tried every angle I could on that one pass and it went from trying to pull my face off, to skipping and bouncing all over the place. I have much respect for anyone that can get an even passable shave with one of these in under 8 passes. Troy, thanks for the pif as I now know what blade to compare everything to!
Welcome to the club!:thumbup1:

I'm sad that some many people are one and done with this blade. I understand why, but they don't get to experience how good this blade actually is.
Change the word "good" to "usable", and I'm right there with you.

After a few nights sleep and a few more shaves, I thought Id try the GF again, I left it in the same razor and the same setting as last time.

I wish I could say things were much improved, but I cant. Improved? Yes! Not enough to reverse any decision about ever using these blades as a regular thing.

I will keep them and bring them out when a special situation calls for it, ( IRS audit, prostate exam, dog chewing a pair of AE shoes).

Vez, I'm glad someone finds them useful!
Great job giving it a second round, at least you are seeing improvement. If you do go again the keys are shallow angle, short strokes, and try to stick to WTG, at least until they are broken in. Once they break in you really can use them almost like any other blade. It is a very strange and eye opening experience if you keep with it.

[MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION]

What can I say KJ... WOW! :w00t: That's incredible. Thank you for all your posts and the video, fantastic!

Admittedly I am late to the GF party. I typically and in the "I can shave well with any blade" club. I must try this challenge!

OK, I will man up. I have life insurance and just about to retire so no one will miss me around here when I'm gone.

That isn't true Steve. But absolutely, you've got to give it a trial! :thumbup1:

That was actually a joke while we were musing about impending doom from using the blade. I am saying goodbye after 35+ years and I have worked with many for decades and have many close friends. I will join you all on a test when I secure a couple blades.

Great Video JK! :thumbup1:
[MENTION=50233]SteveWY[/MENTION] glade to see your giving it a go. It's not as bad as some say, if you can get past the first 3-4 it's smooth sailing. Also no one has posted that they were killed yet.:tongue_sm

Shave 38 today. Every time I think it isn't shaving well, this blade reminds me to focus on blade angle. Once I do that, it's a stellar finish!

Shave 38 today. Every time I think it isn't shaving well, this blade reminds me to focus on blade angle. Once I do that, it's a stellar finish!
Wow! That's incredible KJ. :thumbup:

Just glad to be here Sir! (for awhile anyway!)
When do you plan to trial TBFH Steve?

$Blade-Bank.jpg

I'm starting to have second thoughts on the whole ½ pass that I managed with this dreaded blade. It's still in the "used blades" tin, and not in the "blade bank." After KJ's posts I'm tempted to get it out and start again. Mind you, I have other blade things planned till at least August... so that gives me some time to either "man up" again, or "chicken out."

I am awaiting The Blade from Vez any day. I am thinking about my testing methodology and products now and may get started next week.

Bro, you have it so organized and together!! Very impressed by how you have your blades divided and planned!! Excellent job!! I'm a "night before" guy. When a blade needs to be changed, I make the decision the "night before" my shave, choose a new blade, clean the razor, and re-set things for the next morning's shave.

Top Bottom