What's new

Graham Field month

Today was shave # 50. Going into the shave I was thinking it was going to be my last. The shave quality had reduced slightly over the last few shaves, and they have felt a bit rougher.
But, using Mystic Water, the shave was so good I have no choice but to continue!

proxy.php

Wish me luck!! The GF has been loaded in my post war tech and I will be attempting to shave with it tonight!!!

How'd it go???

[MENTION=50233]SteveWY[/MENTION]
How is your trial going?

This weekend, I rolled over to the 4th use of my D20. Yup, shave # 61. With Mystic Water soap, it was effortless!

proxy.php

Oh, and today was shave # 62! I'm getting near uncharted territory. The only other blade I've taken this far was a Feather and I got to 66 shaves with it.

This weekend, I rolled over to the 4th use of my D20. Yup, shave # 61. With Mystic Water soap, it was effortless!

proxy.php

Oh, and today was shave # 62! I'm getting near uncharted territory. The only other blade I've taken this far was a Feather and I got to 66 shaves with it.
(((WOW)))

Does this mean you're going to stock up on these blades?

I was PIFd a few of these. Enough to last me year at this rate. I don't buy blades anymore. I'm just not a blade guy. It is the least important part of the shave to me. It just really doesn't matter what blade I use. The soap and the razor are much more a factor in the quality of my shave. And I have a lifetime supply of blades as it is.

But this blade has taught me a lot about using a good soap, and the proper angle!

Hello fellas. I have been out of touch for a couple weeks. More on that later. I gave the GF blade I was using a full week and abandoned it. I thought over all what has been posted about how the blade smooths out over time but I just can't hack it (pun intended!) I tried but the shaves were just not pleasant and I could not see any reason to continue. Going back to my normal top blades was like having an angel's wings caress my face!

Shave 14

After 1 pass with the NEW SC, I was thinking it was getting pretty dull and maybe on the way out. The second was much better so I did a full third pass and I got a CCS bordering on DFS out of it. I'll switch back to the Fatboy and see if the extra weight of the head help push it through.

I remember seeing a car like this at my neighbor's house when I was a kid... Are they used for something to do with shaving? I think I do remember seeing a bottle of Aqua Velva near it.

I remember seeing a car like this at my neighbor's house when I was a kid... Are they used for something to do with shaving? I think I do remember seeing a bottle of Aqua Velva near it.
It is an Avon bottle. There is a cap hidden under the plastic top. It is filled with aftershave. They made many different bottles in many different shapes, some were filled colognes, women's perfumes, or even bubble bath.

To see more check out this thread.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/187931-Vintage-Avon-find

So, just a little update. I went away for a month and left my razor with the Graham Field in it at home. I returned last week and decided to give it another go. This was shave #65 on that blade. I had noticed a drop off in comfort right before I left, and it was kind of a rough shave. But, the closeness and quality of the shave was top notch. While I was gone I was using a Personna Blue. I'd say that the GF with 65 shaves on it gave me a better/closer shave than the Personna with about 25 shaves on it. But the Personna felt much better during the shave. Crazy I know.

Either way, I 'think' I'm finally retiring this Graham Field blade.

To be continued???

So, just a little update. I went away for a month and left my razor with the Graham Field in it at home. I returned last week and decided to give it another go. This was shave #65 on that blade. I had noticed a drop off in comfort right before I left, and it was kind of a rough shave. But, the closeness and quality of the shave was top notch. While I was gone I was using a Personna Blue. I'd say that the GF with 65 shaves on it gave me a better/closer shave than the Personna with about 25 shaves on it. But the Personna felt much better during the shave. Crazy I know.

Either way, I 'think' I'm finally retiring this Graham Field blade.

To be continued???
Wow KJ :thumbup: 65 shaves on TBFH. :devil: That's simply amazing!

I thought my current record of 31 shaves on a Personna Red wasn't too bad... But 65 on a blade that I didn't even manage to finish one pass on? You're the King!

Many thanks for your posts here. I'm in awe.

Top Bottom