What's new

Graduation gifts

My (step) son is graduating this month and turned 18 earlier this year. He's expressed interest in wet shaving with DE razors in the past, and recently was looking at buying shave soap, a bowl, a brush, and things. I told him to save his money because I had things he could use if he wanted to try traditional shaving, just let me know. That was the last I heard of it until last weekend, when he figured I had given him an invitation to use my shaving gear, which is fine by me. He picked out the brush that "felt the best" which was my Semogue Owners Club super badger and used some of my Mitchell's Wool Fat soap. The kids got good taste! He still used his cartridge razor but I figured I should help him out on his path to being a man.

So here's the graduation/ you're 18 now and suppose to be a man gift I got for him
20200605_141304.jpg

Stirling barbershop soap and aftershave, a lather mug, a Merkur 34c razor, and a Simpson Colonel X2L Best badger brush. I've got plenty of blades he can use so I didn't bother with that. I figure that's a damn nice setup to start him off with, and with proper care the brush and razor should last him a lifetime.

Top Bottom