What's new

Gamechanger .68 open comb

Yep, same thing with mine. It's still in Chicago, but it's moved. Hopefully it'll have time to have a nice dinner and take in a show. Maybe visit the Art Institute.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Someone should pop over to Chicago and recce the situation.
There may well be loads of guys walking around with bits of toilet roll on their faces.
Report back here ASAP.

Mine also moved at 12:11am on Feb 21, 2020. I suspect that is when they cleared customs, and hopefully they will be sent to the local post offices soon.

Looks like mine just made it to the local distribution center, so probably get delivered on Monday. At least they all seem to be moving now.

Mine came in yesterday. Shaved with it this morning. Found it to be very comfortable And a closer shave then closed comb. All that I need right now.
I have many many razors and I keep coming back to the game changer.

Wow. I'm temped to get the .68 base plate. I already have the .84 GC Open Comb but am interested to see how it differs with less of a gap. Hmmmmmm.

Looks like mine just made it to the local distribution center, so maybe get delivery by Monday....maybe akh223 lives in the same city?? North .... distribution center????
Interestingly, I placed another order from IT barber and they shipped w UPS.... it was a "bulkier" package.
I ordered the 0.68 jaws and .84 solid bar...

I just placed an order for both the .68 OC and .68 JAWS. My current habit is to shave Tue-Fri with the .68 SB and on Mon using my .84 SB. My thinking is that I will change things up and try the .68 JAWS on Mondays and use the .68 OC as my daily shaver. It may prove to be an interesting experiment, or simply overkill. Maybe both. We'll see how it goes.

I just placed an order for both the .68 OC and .68 JAWS. My current habit is to shave Tue-Fri with the .68 SB and on Mon using my .84 SB. My thinking is that I will change things up and try the .68 JAWS on Mondays and use the .68 OC as my daily shaver. It may prove to be an interesting experiment, or simply overkill. Maybe both. We'll see how it goes.
I use both the 1st gen of the OC's, they are great... jaws can feel harsh if it's cold or maybe days I am not paying attention...no accidents so far and I like em both.

I use both the 1st gen of the OC's, they are great... jaws can feel harsh if it's cold or maybe days I am not paying attention...no accidents so far and I like em both.

Good to know, regarding jaws. I'm assuming you're referring to the .68 JAWS, right? In any event, I will treat it with respect.

My shipment is "In Transit." I'm guessing it'll be Tuesday before it reaches ex-urban Nashville.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I shaved with the .68 JAWS this morning. Normal prep, shower first, homemade preshave oil, MWF soap, VDH badger brush, fresh Astra SP, Nivea AFB for sensitive skin. It was a very good experience. The .68 JAWS was very smooth. ATG pass was great although I have found that to be true with all the GCs. Very comfortable, did 2 full passes with a third pass along my jaw line. No nics or weepers, no irritation. As for efficiency, well this is my first shave but I did not really notice any difference from my .84 JAWS, perhaps just a touch smoother. This was my first shave with the .68 JAWS but my initial impression is it is a keeper. I will use it for the next month or so daily (until my Yintal adjustable arrives from China). It is certainly not aggressive on my face. It felt like I was using a NEW LC. It never felt like it was going to bite. Next week I will try it with a Nacet. Thumbs up after one shave!

Top Bottom