What's new

Gamechanger .68 open comb

I have recently learned that Razorock is releasing an open comb version of the gamechanger .68! I sent them a note regarding release date and the response I got back was “next week”.

I have no idea how they are going to be selling it (full razor only, baseplate inly, etc), or what handles they will be offering it with.

I hope they have it available as a complete razor with the Halo or barberpole handles.

Post up any info you have heard about this razor, or any reviews if you are lucky enough to get one!

I love my gc .68, so I’ll probably buy the oc version regardless. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm in the same position and trying to resist...

I have a fairly heavy beard and typically shave twice a week (not required for work) so this may well suit me well.

Thanks for the notice!

I've been hoping they would make a GC .68 OC and look forward to its release.

I decided to go with the .68 Open Comb. I didnt know the JAWS was being released also. I was hoping they would have them as complete razors, but at least this way I got the handle I wanted. Hopefully it will ship promptly, and I should have it in a week or so!

Ordered a 0.68 open comb (not Jaws, as I prefer milder razors). Looking forward to this! Also pleasantly surprised that they aren't out of stock.

Ordered a .68 JAWS. I really like the .84 JAWS. I think the .68 will be great on those days when I want something a bit milder. Also surprised they were not out of stock. I really hope they decide to offer the MJ90 in SS or brass one day. A guy can dream.

Ordered the 68 open comb & jaws.
Also glad they were still available.
It's great that Italian Barber now offers a full Game Changer system with 3 plate choices each for the 68 & 84.

>>> Ordered a .68 JAWS. I really like the .84 JAWS. I think the .68 will be great on those days when I want something a bit milder.

I love the .84 JAWS and use the .84 OC on days I want something milder. Milder still the .84 SB. They are all more aggressive than the .68 SB that I also have. If the .68 OC and JAWS were out earlier I may have gone with those instead... but I'm happy with my set of .84.

I went back and fourth on purchasing the .84 JAWS because some comments suggested it would be too aggressive. I don't think that's the case and find it relatively care free to shave with. I also feel both open comb versions helped clear my skin. There's something about the blade contacting the skin that must help exfoliate. I'm not sure why, but my skin is better looking than ever when switching between the OC and JAWS each week.

If you are a fan of the .68 SB I think you will really enjoy both new open comb versions.

I was never able to use the .84 SB daily. I tried different blades, angle and so on but always had irritation after 3-4 days. I can use the .84 JAWS daily with no problems. My face/technique must be weird. Anyway, I am really looking forward to the .68 JAWS. For me it should be a great tool when I want something between the .68 SB and .84 JAWS. I do have the .84 OC so probably will not get the .68 OC.

I was never able to use the .84 SB daily. I tried different blades, angle and so on but always had irritation after 3-4 days. I can use the .84 JAWS daily with no problems. My face/technique must be weird. Anyway, I am really looking forward to the .68 JAWS. For me it should be a great tool when I want something between the .68 SB and .84 JAWS. I do have the .84 OC so probably will not get the .68 OC.

What is the difference between the OC and the Jaws?

Top Bottom