What's new

Fun With Above The Tie (ATT) Razors

Windsor Pro cap CR plate, Rapira Swedish Supersteel. The CM shaved much better than I remembered, but the CR was even better for me. The CR worked better at a steep angle and the shave felt closer. Great razor and looking forward to using it again in the morning.

20230503_221510.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Did the same this morning, started off mild. Windsor Pro cap with CM plate, Rapira Swedish Supersteel. Very smooth, shave also lasted much longer than expected. Great razor.

View attachment 1647615
With the occasional shift to the CR plate, this is my daily driver. It holds Personna Lab Blues, and the combination of that weaponry and a lubricious wet lathering of Martin de Candre always yields a fast, bloodless, three pass shave that is close enough to tide me over until the next morning. This old guy with a heavy grey beard truly appreciates this combination.

Used the Windsor SSMR open comb with a Rapira Swedish Supersteel this morning. Excellent close smooth shave, strange at first because there's not a lot of blade feel or audible feedback.

Working my way up to the RH and missed out on the S1, so I'm not much help @Phoenixkh .

20230506_170617.jpg

I love my X1. I have an S1 and a SSRH Windsor on the way, both in no nonsense stainless steel. I’d love them in a fancier metal but beggars can’t be choosers.

Any idea what I should expect?
I have, or had, all those razors. I sold my S1, but it’s a great shaver….super smooth. I just prefer the SSRH and X1 to the S1.

Since you like the X1, I think you’ll really like the S1. The SSRH is awesome for my face. A bit more blade feel than the others, but super close shaves.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I love my X1. I have an S1 and a SSRH Windsor on the way, both in no nonsense stainless steel. I’d love them in a fancier metal but beggars can’t be choosers.

Any idea what I should expect?
Let's see....ATT DE stuff in my Den:

Windsor Cap
CH1, CR1, CM1 plates
2 x Copper Handles
Windsor Pro Stainless Razor
Windsor Pro Aluminum Razor
Classic Cap
Classic H1 and Classic H2 plates

My favorite plate is the CH1, followed by the CM1.

Aluminum R2 with the Rapira Swedish Supersteel. A little more blade feel than the SSMR2 but not aggressive or harsh, with much more audible feedback. It's so much different because it's also so lightweight almost like using a plastic handled tech or clone. Just need to adjust to the light weight or swap in a heavier handle. Good shave, just slightly behind the SSMR2 in closeness.

20230508_202014.jpg

Classic stainless R2 with the aluminum cap and handle, I do think the black and chrome looks good. Light but enough weight in the plate to make it a great shave, I'm sure it also helped using the same baseplate in aluminum before using the stainless version. Incredible shave with both versions of the classic R2.

20230510_182949.jpg

Let's see....ATT DE stuff in my Den:

Windsor Cap
CH1, CR1, CM1 plates
2 x Copper Handles
Windsor Pro Stainless Razor
Windsor Pro Aluminum Razor
Classic Cap
Classic H1 and Classic H2 plates

My favorite plate is the CH1, followed by the CM1.
I set my ATT razors with following arrangement for my preference:
- Windsor Pro Aluminum with CM1 plate
- Windsor Pro Stainless with CR1 plate (alternate with Pro AL base plate)
- Windsor matte stainless cap with CH1 and Copper handle
- Windsor Pro head with Timeless Titanium handle

Sad it will not be available for future DE shaving generation. Thanks for ATT for having produced such Excellent razors
tempImagemC3Huk.png

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I set my ATT razors with following arrangement for my preference:
- Windsor Pro Aluminum with CM1 plate
- Windsor Pro Stainless with CR1 plate (alternate with Pro AL base plate)
- Windsor matte stainless cap with CH1 and Copper handle
- Windsor Pro head with Timeless Titanium handle

Sad it will not be available for future DE shaving generation. Thanks for ATT for having produced such Excellent razorsView attachment 1653661
Amen to that. :)

The ATT Single Edge razors are also some of my favorites. The X1 Slant, SE1 Stainless, and SE1 Aluminum are all excellent razors.

Sad it will not be available for future DE shaving generation. Thanks for ATT for having produced such Excellent razors
Couldn't agree more, appreciate their work and want to also say thank you.
Nice looking lineup there.

Today used the Windsor aluminum ALMR. Very lightweight mild feeling, not much blade feel and extremely smooth. End results were really close and long lasting but required more touch ups to get there.

20230513_191947.jpg

Couldn't agree more, appreciate their work and want to also say thank you.
Nice looking lineup there.

Today used the Windsor aluminum ALMR. Very lightweight mild feeling, not much blade feel and extremely smooth. End results were really close and long lasting but required more touch ups to get there.

View attachment 1654042
Thanks, and happy shaves. A blessed Sunday to you all

Top Bottom