What's new

Free Nipples! (Well, almost free) (DIY PIF)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay, but the holidays kept me from these pleasure projects. I am the latest recipient of the package. I have my parts for my two handles ready to go. I am not sure how much polishing I'm gonna do, as the patina matches the razors I'm gonna use. One will be a triangle slot contract Tech shown in the pic below. I'm gonna mount a ratty NEW LC on the other. What do you guys think?

There are still a few choice parts left in the package. If there's someone else in line, let me know and I'll ship it back out. There will be one knurled base, one short nipple and two long nipples. One of the long ones doesnt appear to be threaded, so the recipient will need to tap that one.

I should have these handles assembled and finished in a day or two. Stand by.

20200105_130032.jpg

Did I forget to thread one? My daughter is right... It's stage one alheizmers.
I like the patina on the cartridge casings. As a handloader, all my empties get a trip through the corncob and walnut after firing.
@BradWorld -perhaps @GAW9576 would like the one short nipple. It would work better for his project than the long one he has.
Thanks for the pics, guys. Fun stuff!

I'd be up for that if no one else wants it. A friend already has my casing and adapter though. He reloads ammo and said he could reduce the neck for me with proper equipment. If everyone that wants adapters gets them and there are some left I could make an acrylic handle with any remaining pieces.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I'd be up for that if no one else wants it. A friend already has my casing and adapter though. He reloads ammo and said he could reduce the neck for me with proper equipment. If everyone that wants adapters gets them and there are some left I could make an acrylic handle with any remaining pieces.
PM me your address and I'll send along a couple of fittings. Thanks.

Quick update. Since I am getting the other style nipple I got the casing and adapter back from my friend he hadn't put it together yet.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Finally got the brass cleaned up and the razor handles assembled. At least I cleaned them up the way I wanted them. I was going for a relic look, but I wanted them clean and free of ballistic contaminants. I hit them pretty hard with 000 steel wool, so i was able to get them a bit shiny, but not take off too much of that beautiful patina. I used standard 5 minute epoxy to do the assembly. I think they came out awesome! Thanks again to Rick for his awesome generosity.

Bullet Handles.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The last set with a short fitting and knurled base is on its way to @GAW9576 . I do have two of the longer fittings left if anyone wants them. PM if interested. Thanks,

The adapter came today. Thank you very much @BradWorld. I did a quick test fit and it looks pretty good. Definitely a tighter fit than the long adapter which I will use to make an acrylic handle thanks again to @romsitsa for sending the long adapter to me. I should be able to glue things up tomorrow and post results. And thanks again to @Ricksplace for making the adapters.

20200116_164019_HDR~2.jpg

I mounted the nipple between centers wit a little disc cut out of leather to protect it. I wanted to slightly reduce and bevel the center band. While I was at it I added two small groves in the side that inserts into the neck of the casing to give the epoxy a little more to grip. Everything is glued up and drying right now. I'll post pics when I take ot out of the clamp and put a razor head on it.

20200117_124923_HDR~2.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The handle looks great but none of my razor heads fit. Looks like I'll be following @ShaverAZ's tip and pick up a #21 drill bit and a M5-.8 tap.
Techs from Pre 1950 fit really well. Also the NEW heads. I didnt try anything modern in mine because they dont really fit the aesthetic look of the handles. What did you try?

Top Bottom