What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF Game Changer 68-OC base plate only

That 84P is a force to be reckoned with! I have one too along with the 76P which is one of the reasons why I rarely use the 68OC.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. I definitely had to work at it. The safety bar wasn't the most helpful at cutting through 3 months of growth. An open comb, I think, certainly would have had a better time if it. A fresh blade probably would have helped too. I just pulled the razor out of the drawer and went at it. Did some initial cutting in dry, as I wanted to see how I looked with different styles of goatee etc. It was fun.

Did some initial cutting in dry, as I wanted to see how I looked with different styles of goatee etc. It was fun.

I'll have to take you're word on it for that one! Anytime I've grown it out, it looks like sparse patchwork.

Your welcome to see a picture pre removal in a thread about the musings of a first time beard owner.

Oh, I meant I'll have to take your word on the fun being had while trying new styles since I can't grow a beard to save my life.

Oh, I meant I'll have to take your word on the fun being had while trying new styles since I can't grow a beard to save my life.
Ah. Sorry it's been a long day, a lot is lost on me at this point. Sorry to hear you're beard challenged. I was like that when I was younger so I naturally embraced being clean shaven (unlike my brothers). It's what separates us from animals after all. Besides, each time I shave I commune with the memory of watching my day shave when I was young. But yes I had a little fun with it. I had a decent handle bar curl going and quite liked the van dyke (wife thought I looked like Burl Ives) and wish I had the nerve to keep it, despite it looking like a caricature. Next I narrowed the goatee to look like a civil war general (wife preferred the van dyke). Then cut I it all off save for an AH/Chaplin mustache. That just looked stupid. Then fully clean shaven. It was fun to see how I looked at each stage. Next year's Xmas grow out, I try the Lincoln look when I shave it off - I actually had an uncle with that type of beard. It was really odd seeing myself clean shaven after 3 months and has taken several days to get used to it. It had to go though. Bothersome aspects aside, it just wasn't me.

Well folks, the PIF is now closed!

I made a last minute decision to include everyone that wanted in on the PIF, including our single entry from the Netherlands.

I made a list of entries in the order received, then had my son pick a random number. Be damned if he didn't pick Mr. @bartje-p from the Netherlands!! Dang kid always costing me extra money :lol1:.

@bartje-p please provide me with your correct mailing address and I'll get this out to you right away.

Thanks to everyone that entered and thanks for making this such a great community.

20240322_113837.jpg

Top Bottom