What's new

Fountain Pens forum

Fountain Pen Subforum

• Definitely Yes

• Hell NO

• Leave it up to Fountain Pen Network

• Art is King and uses a Fountain Pen

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most of us here have spent time at FPN, which has a wealth of knowledge, but is lacking somewhat in genuine helpfulness and tends to get really testy between the members and actually allows flames to erupt and actually fans them.

It does not! I can't believe you would even say something so ungentlemanly. ;)

Seriously though, I'm right there with you. The beginner type questions on FPN are usually met with relatively friendly answers, but I just don't get the same vibe over there that I do over here. I sense an elitism among some of the members, though I'm sure you could argue that point. I also believe that at least one of the subforums, which shall remain unnamed, is overmoderated. While the FPN will probably always be the definitive pen forum in my mind, I absolutely think that there's enough pen talk around here to support a pen subforum. Why limit it to fountain pens? Lots of questions arise around here about ballpoints and rollerballs as well and I see no reason to exclude them.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I voted Art is King because it was the right thing to do. The time is right to add a fountain pen sub forum, FPN is just to caustic at times. By the way where is the fountain pen smiley :001_tt2:

$Writing.gif

It's a hooded nib.

It does not! I can't believe you would even say something so ungentlemanly. ;)

Seriously though, I'm right there with you. The beginner type questions on FPN are usually met with relatively friendly answers, but I just don't get the same vibe over there that I do over here. I sense an elitism among some of the members, though I'm sure you could argue that point. I also believe that at least one of the subforums, which shall remain unnamed, is overmoderated. While the FPN will probably always be the definitive pen forum in my mind, I absolutely think that there's enough pen talk around here to support a pen subforum. Why limit it to fountain pens? Lots of questions arise around here about ballpoints and rollerballs as well and I see no reason to exclude them.

I think we could easily go with pens and the related paraphernalia.

Now this is what you call a textbook example of how to set up a poll. It has the obligatory Art reference, and a bonus sarcastic choice. Well done.

For those who feel that this subject is best left for places such as FPN, I would remind you of one of the core values of B&B's corporate mission: taking the good things in life out of the hands of "stick in the muds".

Well said!!

I love this idea.. I am pretty new into fountain pens, and I have been frequenting over at the FPN, but more as a lurker. I think a sub-forum here would be awesome. We could talk about everything writing related (fountain pens, notebooks, paper, blotter, inks, rollerballs, caligraphy, etc)... I think it is a fabulous idea.

I love this idea.. I am pretty new into fountain pens, and I have been frequenting over at the FPN, but more as a lurker. I think a sub-forum here would be awesome. We could talk about everything writing related (fountain pens, notebooks, paper, blotter, inks, rollerballs, caligraphy, etc)... I think it is a fabulous idea.

Yes, I think it is a great idea.

Top Bottom