What's new

First Sorta Shave: Still Alive

Well, I couldn't help myself. I came home this afternoon, found the Wade & Butcher in my mailbox and couldn't resist. At the core, it was just an introduction. I wanted to see how the straight would work, observe the angles, the hand-hold, the whole business. Consensus? I have my work cut out for me, but what a beautiful instrument. I mostly only shaved with my right, dominant hand on my right cheek and some of the neck area. I tried a short patch on the left cheek with my left hand, but it didn't feel too natural - I'll have to work on it. Overall, though, I see a challenge and I'm ready. :001_smile

Congratulations! Doesn't get much better than a W&B! As long as you respect the square tip and don't "space out", it's nothing to be afraid of.

The left hand feels weird for the first shave, but even as soon as the second it will become significantly easier. If you're cleaning up afterwords with a DE, try doing the left side of your face with your left hand, using the more familiar instrument to familiarize yourself.

Top Bottom