What's new

Fenix Lights and Lasers on our Lizard Tongues.

What's a kicker is when you are still several years away from getting the senior discount, but you go to a restaurant and the young cashier girl looks at you and gives it to you anyway.

Yep...about 15 years early thanks to Irish white hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It's not like I am old....I can't even get the senior citizen discount, yet.

I took the wife to go see the new Star Wars flick the other night at the Theatre. got my first senior discount. Only cost me $7.50 to get in, which was about half price. It was great! They must start earlier for theatre's, because I can't get one yet at Golden Corral or Cracker Barrel.

But when I can, that's where you'll always be able to find me. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I took the wife to go see the new Star Wars flick the other night at the Theatre. got my first senior discount. Only cost me $7.50 to get in, which was about half price. It was great! They must start earlier for theatre's, because I can't get one yet at Golden Corral or Cracker Barrel.

Call me and I'll meet you there!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

Cracker Barrel does not offer Senior Discounts.

I’ve pocket carried my older LCP for several years pretty often, one with the ‘red’ trigger and slightly larger sights. I think, for its size and within the constraints of the .380 round, it’s a lot of gun for its size for the $200 I spent on it at a LGS.

I can’t see gaining a whole lot by a laser sight, to be honest. I can empty a magazine scattering across center mass firing pretty rapidly from close range (within 7 yards) and could at least wound someone from double that distance if it were necessary.

For the even minimal amount of extra space/weight it’s take up, I don’t think it’s worth it. I thinks it offers a lot of firepower compared to a similar-sized .25 or .32 but I’ve always though lasers were kind of worthless as it is. I don’t think the LCP is a very natural pointer because of its size, but with practice, it’s decent. Despite a size of a gun shrinking, I always fire them the same way. Using a laser to fire from the hip and aiming based on sight alone seems completely unnatural to me, but giving up a normal sight picture to point shooting from the hip is the only reason I think a laser would be useful. At close ranges, it’d still be unnecessary, IMO. Given the limits of the round, I have resided myself to firing likely many times if the need arises, and I don’t see, again, how a laser would be my focus in a moment of duress.

I do think lights have their uses and have dabbled in a cheap laser on a rail on the bottom of a pistol years ago but, in the end, I just did what I always do and use the sights. I have IWB holsters for a Glock, Canik and 1911... and none are setup for a light/laser... so I’ve never carried with such an accessory.

If you get one and practice though, you might find it useful... especially when firing w/o gaining a sight picture. That just wasn’t my experience. I could never break myself from just using the sights.

Good luck! I never felt the need to ‘trade up’ for the LCP II... but have enjoyed my older model. It’s gone bang every time I’ve pulled the trigger when I’ve run a few magazines through it... and that’s all I can hope for really. When my wife has to travel and is w/o me... it goes with her in the car. It’s what I carry when I’m not ‘dressed to carry’ or just want something to grab and go. Beyond picking one up in a gun shop, I don’t have any experience with a II.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I’ve pocket carried my older LCP for several years pretty often, one with the ‘red’ trigger and slightly larger sights. I think, for its size and within the constraints of the .380 round, it’s a lot of gun for its size for the $200 I spent on it at a LGS.

I can’t see gaining a whole lot by a laser sight, to be honest. I can empty a magazine scattering across center mass firing pretty rapidly from close range (within 7 yards) and could at least wound someone from double that distance if it were necessary.

For the even minimal amount of extra space/weight it’s take up, I don’t think it’s worth it. I thinks it offers a lot of firepower compared to a similar-sized .25 or .32 but I’ve always though lasers were kind of worthless as it is. I don’t think the LCP is a very natural pointer because of its size, but with practice, it’s decent. Despite a size of a gun shrinking, I always fire them the same way. Using a laser to fire from the hip and aiming based on sight alone seems completely unnatural to me, but giving up a normal sight picture to point shooting from the hip is the only reason I think a laser would be useful. At close ranges, it’d still be unnecessary, IMO. Given the limits of the round, I have resided myself to firing likely many times if the need arises, and I don’t see, again, how a laser would be my focus in a moment of duress.

I do think lights have their uses and have dabbled in a cheap laser on a rail on the bottom of a pistol years ago but, in the end, I just did what I always do and use the sights. I have IWB holsters for a Glock, Canik and 1911... and none are setup for a light/laser... so I’ve never carried with such an accessory.

If you get one and practice though, you might find it useful... especially when firing w/o gaining a sight picture. That just wasn’t my experience. I could never break myself from just using the sights.

Good luck! I never felt the need to ‘trade up’ for the LCP II... but have enjoyed my older model. It’s gone bang every time I’ve pulled the trigger when I’ve run a few magazines through it... and that’s all I can hope for really. When my wife has to travel and is w/o me... it goes with her in the car. It’s what I carry when I’m not ‘dressed to carry’ or just want something to grab and go. Beyond picking one up in a gun shop, I don’t have any experience with a II.

Nice post @DickyRivers

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
What's a kicker is when you are still several years away from getting the senior discount, but you go to a restaurant and the young cashier girl looks at you and gives it to you anyway.

I am 54 and am starting to get asked my age.

I own a laser attachment for my carry pistol but don't use it other than to experiment with distance shooting at the range. I don't find that it impacts my ability to draw or handle the firearm, but it does take an additional second to activate it--mine is part of a unit that goes on the rail and has a flashlight. In a fight situation, I don't have time to fumble with it and quite frankly, if I need to draw, the threat I am countering is going to be close enough in almost any case that the laser would be unnecessary. In a non-fight situation, unless I am at the range what am I, in general, going to light up with it?

I suppose I could make the argument that in a home defense situation where I may not have to simply draw and fire but may be checking out a potential or actual threat in the house, I would have the time to activate the laser, but even there I wouldn't. I have one advantage over my intruder...I can get around my house in the dark a lot better than they can. Why would I add further risk to giving up surprise and situational advantage (beyond the risk that I still might bump into something or trip on something in the dark despite having better spatial knowledge of the premises) by flashing a light?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I carry my LCP with a Crimson Trace Laser. I am good to go close quarter combat without it. The laser is just in case distance is created and all I can do is spit in your general direction but I cannot disengage from the fight. Under what circumstances? I don’t know. Haven’t had that happen yet. However, I know my laser is dead on out to 15+/-yards.
And have you ever seen in real life the way bad guys react when a laser is painting them? It’s a decision altering moment for many. And they have no idea the caliber of weapon that’s painting them.
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
Aim small. Miss small.
All words to live by.

There are pros and cons for using and not using a laser but
at the end of the day though each of us has to decide what we are comfortable carrying and how we are carrying.
Stay safe!!
marty

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I carry my LCP with a Crimson Trace Laser. I am good to go close quarter combat without it. The laser is just in case distance is created and all I can do is spit in your general direction but I cannot disengage from the fight. Under what circumstances? I don’t know. Haven’t had that happen yet. However, I know my laser is dead on out to 15+/-yards.
And have you ever seen in real life the way bad guys react when a laser is painting them? It’s a decision altering moment for many. And they have no idea the caliber of weapon that’s painting them.
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
Aim small. Miss small.
All words to live by.

There are pros and cons for using and not using a laser but
at the end of the day though each of us has to decide what we are comfortable carrying and how we are carrying.
Stay safe!!
marty
Amen. And anything on you is PROBABLY better than the one under your pillow at home!

57049B38-7A18-4ADC-A8B9-B271FFF84E1D.jpeg
2CDF5476-77F4-4200-A108-405163B0D147.jpeg

Today's ordnance shall be the New Generation Colt Cobra. Speer Gold Dot .38+p-135 gr.
R. Grizzle GA Snap 2 holster.

Ive always been of the mindset that one should learn to shoot WELL with a certain firearm before making any alterations to it. Having no idea how to properly line up the sights or to utilize the firearm at close range or from a distance doesn’t warrant a laser to make it better. And there’s no need for a laser at close range anyway. Give me a good set of trijicon over a laser any day.

Ive always been of the mindset that one should learn to shoot WELL with a certain firearm before making any alterations to it. Having no idea how to properly line up the sights or to utilize the firearm at close range or from a distance doesn’t warrant a laser to make it better. And there’s no need for a laser at close range anyway. Give me a good set of trijicon over a laser any day.

You obviously aren’t vision impaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom