What's new

Feather All-Stainless DE

Wow, you guys buying the Japanese-market sets are on fire! Let no one accuse me of being alone in caving to the beauty of cool packaging! :biggrin1:

Looking forward to all impressions!
But of course...can,t sell something if you can,t make people want it..and we want this big time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stock up soon they won,t be available except on the black market..I,ll trade you my Rolex for a Feather !!!!!!!!!!

You can buy this beautiful razor (Feather All Stainless Razor) here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142815!
But I don't understand why this razor at the on-line store http://www.hairizon.com.sg/Feather/Feather-All-Stainless-Razor.htm is more expensive than at the on-line store http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/522941/7872233.htm.
Does someone know anything about it?

I maybe wrong but with the exchange rate aren't hairizon cheaper? Being in singapore dollars

As I note in my review I don't believe it's worth $160 either, but I do believe it's worth a premium. I think $79.99 is a fair price for something like this, considering that the high-end EJ and Muhle models go for more.
Ah but you realize if we were just interested in a good shave a gillette sensor does the job..this is a group of people who like the better things in life....collecting razors and stuff is much less than collecting Aston Martins or Rolex watches ...this is what sets the value...what we want and what we will pay to get it.

Got the shipping confirmation Harizon and a scan of the receipt from the carrier, it shipped same day I ordered it. Probably sat in the postal office over the weekend but not that bothered about that I just am happy that it is on it's way and the tracking is working and updated now.

Hairizon are very nice to deal with I have to give them credit for excellent customer service so far. Every email promptly answered and no problems with communication either.

I agree. I ordered the feather set w/ the base from Hairizon yesterday and received a tracking number last night (I'm in the US).

Received my Super Feather today..ordered 5/30 rec,d 6/7 awesome ..expensive but to me it is worth it.A real gem for any collector,shaver or lover of fine art. Make no mistake this is packaged like the quality that went into this razor..not for everyone but something you will truly treasure and pass on (for us older folk)

Mine was posted the day after yours so hopefully will come tomorrow, which would be perfect as I am at home all day. I know if I don;t shave in anticipation it will not turn up so will just go with the usual routine and see if the postal gods shine on me.

Mine was posted the day after yours so hopefully will come tomorrow, which would be perfect as I am at home all day. I know if I don;t shave in anticipation it will not turn up so will just go with the usual routine and see if the postal gods shine on me.

Funny how that works, isn't it? You hold out shaving, then you finally cannot take the hair growth and itch anymore and shave. As soon as you put your razor down and are about to do the cold splash step, the mailman rings your door bell that you need to sign for a package. I'm so used to it, it's the norm for me rather than the exception, so I don't try to time it anymore, it is what it is.

Legion

Staff member
Sorry, no razor stand offered to the US market. Here are photos that cover everything included except an instruction card and a plain white outer protective sleeve (covering the pretty cardboard cladding).

Love that wooden box. Very nice. In fact, that is one of the nicest looking razors I've seen in a while.

Must... fight... AD...

On my original one I used a high quality wax and sealed in the grain..hand rubbed about 6 coats..so cool This and the PILS go with me to the great beyond..no one gets this..No one ..do you hear me..I am armed and put a lojack on the razor box...hahahahahahah!!

Harvey, I am having a different experience than you. I ordered 5/26, got an email 5/27 confirming the order, got an email that they shipped it 5/28, and it left Singapore 5/31 (5 days after initial order). Now, all I see on the USPS tracking site is this:

This has not changed in 8 days. Should I be worried, now that it has been over a week since it left Singapore, or is that all the status I'll ever see until it's at my door?

S

siouxsie

It may well be the last update on tracking until the day it is out for delivery. Once it hits customs, that's where the delay usually is. Especially in New York customs. You should be getting it any day now.

Harvey, I am having a different experience than you. I ordered 5/26, got an email 5/27 confirming the order, got an email that they shipped it 5/28, and it left Singapore 5/31 (5 days after initial order). Now, all I see on the USPS tracking site is this:

This has not changed in 8 days. Should I be worried, now that it has been over a week since it left Singapore, or is that all the status I'll ever see until it's at my door?
Once it leaves Singnapore there is no other tracking..give it another day or two..I was starting to worry but it worked out. let us know or we will raise hell !!!!

I should have asked where do you live? I,m in LA (closer to Singnapore than back east) Hairizon.com spent about $19.00 on postage and the packing was amazing .

Does anyone know if the finish on these razors could actually be paint and what are the chances to start wearing off hence reducing the incredible slickness it gives to the razor?

Top Bottom