What's new

Feather All-Stainless DE

Many thanks for the thoughtful and well-written review. Can't wait to get mine - a snafu at the Post Office means I'll have to pick it up on Saturday morning.

Exceptionally well written review, and your complete honesty is refreshing and much appreciated. If a decision as to whether the Feather stainless is right for an individual can't be made based on this review, then I don't know how it can be made. You covered all bases quite well, sir.

Great review. Very thorough. You've almost convinced me to save my pennies for this. It's been seducing me ever since I first saw it.

S

siouxsie

Thanks for the great review. Unlike you, I don't care much for the old style, bite your face off if you're not careful, uber-aggressive razors. SO, I can't wait for mine to get here tomorrow. I generally steer clear of open-combs except for the Sheraton, Aristocrat, and hopefully some day, the Senator.

FYI - As of 2PM today there are 4 left of the batch of 25 that CS got in late last week. They've gone quickly.

Thanks for the great review. Unlike you, I don't care much for the old style, bite your face off if you're not careful, uber-aggressive razors. SO, I can't wait for mine to get here tomorrow. I generally steer clear of open-combs except for the Sheraton, Aristocrat, and hopefully some day, the Senator.

FYI - As of 2PM today there are 4 left of the batch of 25 that CS got in late last week. They've gone quickly.

21 sold, so we should be seeing quite a few reviews soon. There's hoping.

S

siouxsie

So a 10 pack of Feathers is $15? Lee can do better than that. Or maybe he can't, as his prices have always been higher than everyone else.

They're Feather Specials...coated with DonOhio's amulite.

This reminds me of the DE89L craze, all of a sudden everyone wanted one and all vendors were out of them. Granted, that's a $40 razor "only" but I'm sure vendors had higher stock than these new Feathers.

Glad to see people are buying them, my WTB post is waiting for the first unhappy owner :smile:

Great review Bill. Really appreciate your obvious honesty. Makes the review worth so much more.
Also am particularly thankful for your comparison with the Portable. I think the Portable is a great razor, but just a bit rough (as you mentioned).
Considering it's stainless, and well made, I think this new razor may be well worth the price.
I'm seriously considering one.

Is it possible to get a pic of everything that comes with the set you purchased? It may seem silly, but a deciding factor in my purchase of this razor may be the little round stand it is pictured with on the Feather website. I love that stand.

Thanks for taking the time with a review, I enjoy my portable, and I find all of the hinting of negative comparisons to the Tech to be silly as the Tech is a great shaver and, IMHO, the standard by which all razors should be compared.

S

siouxsie

Is it possible to get a pic of everything that comes with the set you purchased? It may seem silly, but a deciding factor in my purchase of this razor may be the little round stand it is pictured with on the Feather website. I love that stand.

Thanks for taking the time with a review, I enjoy my portable, and I find all of the hinting of negative comparisons to the Tech to be silly as the Tech is a great shaver and, IMHO, the standard by which all razors should be compared.

That stand does not come with the US packaged version. It's a pity, but on the other hand the version that does, in Japan, costs alot more than the one they've imported here.

I would like to know if it's possible to procure one of those stands separately.

Sorry, no razor stand offered to the US market. Here are photos that cover everything included except an instruction card and a plain white outer protective sleeve (covering the pretty cardboard cladding).

Attachments

• $IMG_1692.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 3,536
  • $IMG_1694.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,952
  • $IMG_1668.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 3,534
Sorry, no razor stand offered to the US market. Here are photos that cover everything included except an instruction card and a plain white outer protective sleeve (covering the pretty cardboard cladding).
Fantastic review..I have one and if one can afford it you will not be dissapointed. I would say it is a better shaver than the PILS for a lot less.The grip is outstanding,the quality amazing and the feel outstanding. This is the razor you will NEVER part with !!

Last edited:
Top Bottom