What's new

Feather AC DX vs Kai Captain Excelia

Ha ha - your prediction has come true:
proxy.php

Nice! Enjoy!

LMAO Now the only question is...............

Which do YOU prefer?? LOL

Very nice looking set, I have the DX incoming as well after trying out the greager I wanted to compare the two.

First shave with the DX and it's pure quality:
proxy.php

It's a lot more no-nonsense than the Excelia, and the DX really does feel like the Greager on the face (although the Greager is lighter and shorter).

The Excelia is heavier but the weight is in the handle making it feel more nimble than the head-heavy DX and Greager.
proxy.php

proxy.php

And the bevelled spine of the Excelia makes the head feel narrower and more manoeuvrable although the actual width is about the same as the DX:
proxy.php

And the Excelia has smaller blade exposure giving it a smoother and less bitey shave than the DX although the DX has a marginally bigger range of effective angles.

Truth is the Excelia and the DX are both ABSOLUTELY AWESOME razors.
The Excelia is more elegant and manoeuvrable and the DX is more intuitive and ergonomic.
For me it's a win/win [emoji3]

Excellent Write up and comparison [MENTION=67066]mjclark[/MENTION] :thumbup1: Sounds a lot to me like they are like comparing a Ferrari to a Lamborghini: Both Absolutely spectacular feats of human engineering but subtle differences that make them both shine in their own way:thumbup1: I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Feather DX Fixed handle for sure:thumbup1:

both great.
the Feather is able to get a very very slightly more shallow blade angle against face.
which ever so subtly offsets the nanometer greater blade exposure.

Resurrecting this thread... i have both and love them equally !

If you can find a folding excelia grab it ! They czn only increase in price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom