What's new

Favorite citrus shave creams?

Which lime or grapefruit creams do you forum-ites prefer? I'm up for a change from my TOBS Eton College.

I've just had a Streatfields Avocado and Lime. Really nice lather, fresh lime scent and even though it's a week's stubble, no issues pulling a blade through it.

+1 Castle Forbes Lime, without a doubt, the very best, but a little pricey. That said, it's
a generous sized tub (6.8oz) and you need very little cream to produce a mountain of lather.
Haven't tried the others, so I can't c compare.
I have used Geo. F. Trumper's creams and they are also excellent, so I expect the Limes would be too.

Mikey

Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes
eShave Verbena Lime

They are joint favourite as far as lime creams go although I probably go for eShave Verbena Lime more frequently.
The Truefitt and Hill reminds me of chocolate lime sweets for some reason.

TOBS Grapefruit is nice and to my nose doesn't smell synthetic.

I keep on meaning to try Cyril Salter's Sublime Citrus and Essential Lime. Based on my enjoyment of the Sandalwood, Rose, Vetiver and Mint creams in their range I expect I'd like them.

I've not tried many citrus creams. But, I really enjoyed Taylor of Old Bond Street: St James Luxury cream. It's a more of a subdued and balanced citrus scent.

way too many great citrus flavors available!
grab a bundle of samples and enjoy your search!

limes.jpg

Was just about to say TOBS Eton College before I reread @Gort69's original post.. Next would probably be TOBS Grapefruit I guess. @sarimento1's pic(s) reminded me that "GFT" and Alvarez Gomez are citrusy as well. BTW, vendor Phil at BullGoose has Streatfields on sale right now... $10 for 4.4 oz - Hmmm...

I strongly suggest giving Cyril Salter Sublime Citrus a try. This brand is so under the radar you need sonar to find it.

If you wanted a soap I would say Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic. Lots of Lime. That would be my pick for AS, too. I haven't been using creams, so I can't say on that one.

Kiss my face key lime is an excellent choice and what I'm using most days.

Art of Shaving has a lemon that is quite nice.

TOBS has a grapefruit that I liked.

Castle Forbes probably has the strongest scented lime, I liked the scent.

Trumpers also has a great lime but they dye it green. I avoid dyed creams.

If you like soft soaps, Mystic Water has a great lime and a lavender-lime.

Top Bottom