What's new

Favorite citrus shave creams?

The Artisan Soap Shoppe lime mint is fantastic. I purchased it about a week ago and I love it. The mint and lime work together surprisingly well and it lathers as good or better than anything I have.

CF Lime performs well, but to me it smelled like I was rubbing a urinal puck on my face....I can't stand the smell. It smells like lime in the container (luckily I only have a small sample) but as soon as I lathered it on my face I nearly gagged.

I have some lemon scented JM Fraser that is a great performing cream. I was afraid it was going to remind me of the aforementioned urinal puck, but thank goodness it doesn't. It smells like lemon in the container and a lighter version of lemon on the skin. It comes in a huge container and will most likely last the remainder of the year, if not longer.

Esbjerg Grapefruit. I was recently given a tub and used it today, and it is a natural grapefruit scent with great performance to boot.

IMG_1369.JPG
TOBS grapefruit is Amazing .. beautiful fresh natural grapefruit fragrance and fantastic lather. My wife is enjoying Geo F Trumpers Limes at the moment but TOBS grapefruit wins it for me.

It's not straight lime or grapefruit but Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet is one of my most used druing summer. Tubes can be found on the bay for much cheaper than retail. Castle Forbes Lime is more of a candy lime scent but performance is excellent

1) Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate
2) Castle Forbes Lime

I like EJ Limes & Pomegranate quite a bit more than CF Lime. Like all EJ creams, the scent isn't super strong, but it's an extremely pleasant and refreshing scent. The scent of CF is pretty strong and reminds me of Skittles candy, which seems to cheapen the scent for me a bit, even though I know they use real lime. I do like it, but just don't love it.

I've heard great things about Alvarez Gomez performance wise and the scent is citrusy, I like creams with good residual slickness like SMN, AdP, ABC, XPEC, I Coloniali and I hear Alvarez Gomez is quite slick. This is next in my list.

Castle Forbes Lime performs great and has good protection but it lacks the slickness I'm looking for, same thing with Baume.be great cream with excellent post shave feel but could use more slickness.

Dr.Jon's Hydra is quite slick and great citrus scent, haven't tried the new formula thou.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Stirling grapefruit, it's quite good. I prefer the sans menthol variety.

Oops, it's a soap that's why lol.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited:
An often overlooked citrus cream is TOBS Eton College.

Fragrance Notes:
A beautiful masculine fragrance with dominant citrus lemon notes combined with fruity citrus notes of orange and mandarin. All this is blended with gentle floral notes that rest on a base of warm patchouli. Contains Lemon oil and Patchouli oil.

Repeating myself, CF Lime is unbeatable (IMHO)
I just ordered a 2oz tub of NYSC's Lemon cream. Hope it's good.

Several folks have already mentioned soaps, so, with that being said try:
Mickey Lee Paradise Frost (Pink Grapefuit & Menthol)
Maggards Orange Menthol (so soft could almost be a firm cream..and it's amazing. Pure Orange.)
The menthol is very light in both of those soaps.

Mikey

Top Bottom