What's new

Fasan Slants

I think that the handle on Chronarch's might be a replacement. It doesn't seem to fit the box correctly. One of my Fasan's has the same chrome and bakelite head with a bakelite handle.

So you have a 2-piece w/ a Bakelite handle? I believe this is an original handle and has the same design elements as a red dot handle. There is a metal handle red dot 3-piece version on the first page of this thread that looks similar to mine. The reason this is an original is the top cap threaded post. Look how long it is. It would not work with anything else but a 2-piece.

Finally got a metal cap red dot, raised bottom plate, w/ Bakelite handle Fasan. I'm at a loss w/ the case. :) When I bought it I thought someone may have glued an advertisement in there and kind of put it together. I still thought it was neat so I got it. The razor is near mint. The Fasan description in the lid liner is not paper but almost looks like embossed fabric or vinyl? Pretty cool little set and I like the case regardless. What do you Fasan guys think? Everything looks old so would someone really go to all the trouble back then? Ha. It had an old price tag on the case as well. Anyways, here are the pics.

subscribed

I've never had a Fasan razor in my den but I definitely want one.
They are just drop-dead gorgeous to look at, and I can tell that they shave like a dream.

Its rare that I even see one for sale ... I don't check eBay more than once a month or so, but when I do, Fasans just aren't there.
Maybe one of these days, when I least expect it, it will pop up and I'll be able to snag it at a reasonable price.

After scouring the web I have come to the conclusion this was an aftermarket case. Just as I did when I bought it. Someone went through quite a bit to put it together though. Crafty. Ha.

The lid-liner has a price in RM, which means june 1948 at the latest. This is in line with the '30s case, although I've never seen this type case with a Fasan.
The razor itself looks real good, for a utensil over 60 years of age. I hope somebody around here can say something about modelnumber/age of this razor, and similar Fasan's. That would help me classify two of mine :)

Hi,

You can roughly determine age of the Red Dot style by looking at the bottom plate for 'Made In West Germany'. If it says that, 1949 or newer. My metal top cap one says that, the plastic top cap one does not.

I found the metal top cap to be very top heavy with the plastic handle. I had a spare Gillette Bar Handle in the drawer, so I substituted that. It was still top heavy, so I loaded the bar handle with No 8 lead shot until I had a balance. I suspect Fasan found the same to be true and is why some have Fasan metal handles to go with the metal top caps.

That case is neat. Both of my Red Dots came in simple cardboard boxes.

Stan

Just to add a couple of pics of my two Fasan Slants.

The famous Ghost...

proxy.php

proxy.php

And a relative.... the Blue Ghost...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful & very cool razors. Thanks for posting the photos. Are you going to shave with them?

Finally got a metal cap red dot, raised bottom plate, w/ Bakelite handle Fasan. I'm at a loss w/ the case. :) When I bought it I thought someone may have glued an advertisement in there and kind of put it together. I still thought it was neat so I got it. The razor is near mint. The Fasan description in the lid liner is not paper but almost looks like embossed fabric or vinyl? Pretty cool little set and I like the case regardless. What do you Fasan guys think? Everything looks old so would someone really go to all the trouble back then? Ha. It had an old price tag on the case as well. Anyways, here are the pics.

I wonder about that case also -- doesn't show up in the Fasan brochure I displayed previously. It looks great and if the insert is actually part of the header/liner -- you've got a very rare set. Congratulations regardless. Thanks for posting the photos!

[MENTION=15286]Jake[/MENTION]: I was wondering, would it be possible for you to scan that brochure and post it? That might help me, and possibly others, to identify the modelnumbers on some of my Fasans.

Hi,

I, too, like that in blue. As far as shaving with a Fasan, I quit thinking about other razors after about one month of using my first one. :)

Stan

I love the Blue Ghost!:w00t: I have never seen one before and it is awesome! My only Fasan is the more common white version.

Do you like shave from your Fasans?

The Blue is awesome indeed...! Thanks!

No, I still haven't shaved with them. The Blue is travelling home... and the original Ghost is waiting in line... too many razors, too little time...

I guess you like yours?

Last edited:
The Blue is awesome indeed...! Thanks!

No, I still haven't shaved with them. The Blue is travelling home... and the original Ghost is waiting in line... too many razors, too little time...

I guess you like yours?

Yes, I do like mine. My Fasan appears to be exactly like your Ghosts, but it is white. The razor is nearly weightless (compared to the razors in my main rotation). Despite the massively torqued head, the shave is very smooth, mild, and comfortable.

Top Bottom