What's new

Edgewell Personal Care will NOT purchase Harry's

the problem with edgewell is they have an awful lot of not-coordinated products (including the garbage from private labels like personnas cartridges, etc). And an history of being the "the idiot brother of gillette" (as we say in italy) ;)

As far as I know, Nielsen does most of their market research through surveys of customers. They are best known for their TV ratings. I do not think they track sales figures from various companies.

If they are surveying customers about shaving products, the products that are easily recognizable like Gillette Fusion, Schick Hydro, and Harry's are likely to be mentioned by those surveyed while private brand products and lesser known brands are going to get overlooked. In fact, the survey is likely to mention a few top brands and ask whether you have used any of them. This skews the results in favor of the brands mentioned and penalizes less popular brands.

If someone were to ask me to fill out a survey on the shaving brands I use, my answers would be spread across about 75 different brands, few of which would be of interest to the researchers.

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 22.19.50.png

According to this survey i would say that harry's is booming while Edgewell is at best, stagnant. So over the long term i would say it's Edgewell the one in trouble.

View attachment 1070944

According to this survey i would say that harry's is booming while Edgewell is at best, stagnant. So over the long term i would say it's Edgewell the one in trouble.

You may be correct unless a significant portion of the private label products are being produced by Edgewell. Knowing that they participate heavily in the private label market for DE blades, I would not be surprised if they have a significant share of the 6.1 million private label cartridge razors as well.

Also, the data show the number of cartridge razor sold. These companies are in business to make MONEY, not to make razors. Harry's might have reached the break even point in 2019. However, they have yet to turn a significant profit.

More razors sold means more revenue, but not necessarily more profit.
profits depends on a lot of things. Primarily on the balance between revenue and expenses. If the latter are too big obviously it's difficult having a profit. But the point is , if the trend continues (and i see no reason why it shouldn't) i think it won't be too long before Harry's surpasses Edgewell in terms of revenue AND profits.

I wouldn't be surprised if Edgewell's market share for private label goods is higher outside the USA.
you are right!! Here in Italy for expamples local supermarket are full of very-low-quality brands made by Edgewell Poland. I tried some of them and quite frankly, i found out they were face-mangling garbage. Not worth it.

So my 100 Personna Platinum Israeli Reds arrived and I have now used one blade two times. That is one nice, sharp and smooth blade! Now I know why so many people say such good things about this blade.

I am sure the people who live in the West Bank appreciate that it will not be closing. Not much work there

The factory is in the West Bank?

Interesting tidbit, this. Not everything there is strife, conflict, stabbings, and rocketry. Some of it is just regular people waking up, doing their morning routine, and going to work.

Tonight, I will shave with a Personna.

The factory is in Nazareth, which is not in the West Bank. Interestingly, Nazareth is is known as "the Arab capital of Israel," and I wouldn't be surprised if many of the workers are (or were) Arab Israeli.

The factory is in Nazareth, which is not in the West Bank. Interestingly, Nazareth is is known as "the Arab capital of Israel," and I wouldn't be surprised if many of the workers are (or were) Arab Israeli.

One cannot help but wonder if Nazareth's "Now You're Messing with the Son of B---h" song is played at official city functions.

Hair of the Dog is the title, if I recall correctly. At least that was the title of the album. I had it on 8-track.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So my 100 Personna Platinum Israeli Reds arrived and I have now used one blade two times. That is one nice, sharp and smooth blade! Now I know why so many people say such good things about this blade.

+1! Nice blades! Very nice indeed!! I may need to lay in another 100 to the stash!!
:a29: :a29:

Top Bottom